Chapter 4

It was already 5:16 in the afternoon when I arrived at the meeting place and upon entering the room after knocking thrice, all eyes were on me. I changed glances from one person to another and they were all staring like I committed something unlawful. As if I violated Heartfilia Academy's rule. Pero hindi na ako nabigla pa sa mga tingin nila lalo na nang madaanan ng mga mata ko ang platform where the SCB officers were. I know that people here are time conscious.

"Excuse me?" mataray na saad ni Chastity na nakaupo sa tabi ni Nazaire.

"I am sorry... I'm 16 minutes late," that was all what I managed to say.

Nanatili ang mga tingin nila sa akin. No one answered me or even accepted my apology so I just decided to look for a vacant seat and there at the third row, I saw one. I was about to take my third step when a monotonous voice suddenly reigned inside the meeting hall.

"What are you doing here and where are you going?"

I was about to raise my eyebrow when I realized that this meeting was exclusive only for class presidents so as much as I wanted to screw this person, I humbly explained why I was here.

"Uhm..." panimula ko kasabay ng pag tingin sa mga tao sa platform, "With due respect, SCB officers and especially Mr. Bernards, I am sent here by the class president of III-B, Fiarrah Walken as her representative."

"Miss Lowrie," it was Joseph, "The message that was sent to the presidents clearly stated that PRESIDENTS OF EACH CLASSES ARE REQUIRED TO ATTEND TODAY'S MEETING," he said as he emphasized the important content of the message that he was referring to, "So can we know why Miss Walken is not around?"

"It concerns our class, Mr. Fuentes and as our president it is both her obligation and responsibility to maintain and secure the order in the class," I answered just like how Fiarrah taught me in case this thing happened and it really did, "Right, Mr. Bernards?" I referred to Nazaire Bernards trying to make things turn out to how Fiarrah wanted it to be.

"We will allow this thing just for now," he said before facing the other class presidents, "But I don't want this to happen again. We did not train you and assigned you in that position just to let someone handle your responsibilities, am I clear?"

Everyone agreed in chorus and my jaw nearly dropped. Did I hear it correctly? They were trained to be the class presidents? The SCB was the one who assigned them?

"Anong-"

Hindi ko na naituloy pa ang pagtatanong nang biglang magsalita si Chastity.

"Okay Miss Lowrie, take over Miss Walken's seat. You are already wasting so much of our time."

I had no choice kaya naglakad na ako papunta sa bakanteng upuan. Maybe I would just save this question for free time. But it was creeping me out. Anong klaseng patakaran ba ang mayroon sila rito?

Axel's voice pulled me back from my topsy-turvy thoughts.

"By the way Miss Lowrie, to formally introduce myself to you, I am Axel Belmonte, the SCB PIO," I just nodded and he then continued, "So as what we were discussing before the interruption, Heartfilians will be staying here until the next three weeks to spend more time reviewing for the upcoming University Attainment Examination. As discussed by the SCB officers, every after classes we are all obliged to stay in the library and those who will choose to review at their respective dorms will be under monitored."

"Excuse me," I interrupted and Axel gave me the signal to speak up, "I think the plan that you have discussed will cause high level of stress and depressions to us students, and to you as well of course since we are all students here."