Chapter 3

The sun's rays from my slightly opened window woke me up the next day. I checked the wall clock and it was almost 9 in the morning so even how bad I still wanted to be in my bed, I needed to get up and prepare myself to meet some people from Karringstyn University.

Habang naliligo ay naalala ko ang mga nangyari kagabi. Did I just talk to the SCB President of Heartfilia again? Well I guess it was not just a dream because I could clearly remember that he said he would give me a slip para makalabas sa campus. Nagkibit-balikat na lang ako dahil dito.

After taking a bath, I put my clothes on and do my own stuffs. Ilang minuto lang ay tumunog ang cellphone ko and it was Iana telling me that they would be here in 15 minutes.

Lumabas na ako ng dorm and before I forgot, tiningan ko ang doorpost ko, and even the floor but there was no sign of slip here. Uhm? Okay? Did the president trick me last night?

"Okay, I'll just leave it on your doorpost and you better get inside your dorm. It's almost 10 pm at may curfew din dito and in case you do not know, it's a minor offense."

I could clearly remember what he said. And then the scenery when I first saw him hit me. How he scold one section and how the freshmen pleaded to him but he just remained as a cold-hearted and self-centered SCB president.

Ugh! Bakit nga ba ako naniwala kaagad sa sinabi niya without considering that first encounter with him?

I shrugged all those thoughts off and was about to knock at his door when it suddenly opened. Bumungad sa akin ang mukha ng lalaking ito na halatang puyat but why is it that he is still this handsome? Oh wait! Did I just say handsome?

"What do you need again this time, newbie?"

Ang litanya niyang ito ang nagpabalik sa akin sa realidad.

"Last night you said you'll leave the slip on my doorpost? Uhm..." I paused for a while because of the stare he was giving me, "I-I need it right now." Gladly, I was able to finish what I was going to say.

"What made you think that I would give it to you that easy? Aren't you aware about the rules and regulations?"

Napanganga ako dahil sa mga sinabi niya. Is this serious? Is he serious?

"Stay in your dorm or better go to the library, Lowrie," he said as he vanishes in the hallway.

Agad na napakuyom ang kamao ko at sinundan ko siya. How dare he? This is not righteous! Nagpalinga-linga ako but there was no more sign of him. How could he disappear that fast?

Tuluyan na akong nakalabas ng dormitory building at hindi ko na nga nakita ang self-centered na presidenteng iyon. So, is that how Louise define this term called "kind"? This is so unbelievable.

Paano ako ngayon aalis dito? My phone then rang and I answered the call without having any second thought.

"Hey, we're here. Where are you?"

It was Iana on the other line at agad na kumunot ang noo ko.

"I don't have a slip. Curse the president," mahinahon pero bakas ang pagkainis na sagot ko and I heard chuckles on the other line.

"I guess we can't do anything about it, Leigh," Iana said like she have already accepted the fact that I cannot be with them today, "Anyway, I guess it is not unlawful if you drop by at the main gate and see us for just a matter of minute?"

A curve then formed on my lips. Dire-diretso akong naglakad papuntang gate at ilang hakbang pa ang layo ko ay agad na pumwesto ang guwardiya na tila hinaharangan ako.