32: With Just The Smallest Gesture (Final Chapter)

I've been working on an original story and lost track on posting things for you guys. I'm sorry. I'm still trying to work everything out in real life too, but I shouldn't be so selfish. ^^;; I can't wait any longer. So, here's an extra long chapter for this story — The Final Chapter!! I hope you guys like it, because I need to find a way to make it up to you for abandoning you for so long. I'm back to a wobbly schedule, but I won't take too long to publish anything anymore. I can't do that to you anymore ♡'・ᴗ・'♡

Without further ado, the final chapter!! (〜 ̄△ ̄)〜

___

Jumin went home a week after Jaehee had. He felt like calling her, but he knew that would probably make it worse. How did she truly feel about him? Was he just a murderer to her now? Could he just not be trusted?

He couldn't stand the thought of Jaehee hating him, even though it's what he thought about most of the time. Did she hate him?

Every time the phone rang Jumin's hopes rose, the idea Jaehee wanted to call him to talk or something couples did after fights. Was this a fight? Were they ever even a couple? His hopes would sink before he even got to the phone after asking himself such questions.

He waited quietly, hoping to hear anything from Jaehee for four days. He got nothing. No text, no phone call. Jaehee was inactive in the chatroom. He gave up after a while, and forced himself to go into work. He called an employee of his first, asking them if Jaehee ever showed up. She hadn't.

***

Jaehee paced around her room. She had to go into work, there was no way she could put it off any longer. Awkward? Yes. Something inevitable? Also yes. Jaehee got herself dressed and made her way to the office. Walking just seemed like a good idea at the time. It was somewhat cold out, but Jaehee needed to buy herself some time. What would she say? What would she do? How would she act? How did she even feel about this?

"Look out!"

Jaehee felt herself get pulled backwards, realizing that she had been about to cross the street at the wrong time. A car whizzed by, honking at her. It took her a moment to process everything.

"T-Thank you..." Jaehee stuttered out, turning around.
Jumin.

Jaehee looked away, embarrassed. They stood by each other awkwardly, neither saying anything. After a few awkward moments of silence, Jumin cleared his throat, muttered an "excuse me," and pushed gently passed Jaehee so he could cross the road and go to the C&R building.

Jaehee wanted to run toward him and hug him, apologize, do whatever she had to do to get him back. Instead, she watched him walk into the building, hands stuffed in his pockets.

"I'm sorry." Jaehee whispered under her breath. Jumin hadn't heard her, but she prayed that he knew.

***

The rest of the day went by like that: Awkwardly and silently. Jaehee wasn't asked to stay late or watch Elizabeth the 3rd, she wasn't given any new project, and she wasn't told to do any work other than filing a few reports. But she felt like something was just missing.

Once she got home, things felt awkward and silent and still. How could she go to the chatroom, knowing there was a chance of him being there as well? She changed her clothes, putting on a simple black dress she didn't know she still owned. She decided to unpack her luggage,which she hadn't touched since she had gotten home from the airport. She knelt down in front of it, unzipping it and gathering her things.