Chapter 12: Museums and Kisses

Jaehee turned, getting into a fighting stance, only to see that it was her boss that was behind her. "M-Mr. Han..." she said. She wrapped her arms around him tightly. "Are you alright?!" He asked her, holding up her chin. Her eyes were filled with fear and she was on the brink of crying. "I-I think so..." she said. "I was so afraid..." she whispered. "I won't let anyone hurt you," Jumin said. "Not anymore." He felt like he had said those words to her before, but he shrugged off the feeling as he hugged into her again. 'Maybe,' Jaehee thought. 'Maybe I'm not crazy for thinking he loves me. Maybe he does.' She hugged into her boss's shirt. He smelled like roses and Elizabeth the 3rd's cat shampoo that was specially made for the cats silky white fur, but Jaehee couldn't care less. She just needed to be held. "Est-ce que tout va bien?" A man, who appeared to be a tourist, asked. Jaehee turned, still holding onto her boss. She couldn't understand the man, so she looked to Jumin for help. Jumin smiled.

"Tout va bien!" Jumin answered. "He asked if everything was alright." He translated for his confused assistant. Jaehee nodded. "That man..." Jumin thought back to when he had looked at the door, watching Jaehee get pulled off. He was familiar... too familiar. Then it hit him. The man was Jinsoo Yeong, a man who worked under his father. He had hoped Jaehee hadn't noticed. "Was he familiar to you?" Jumin asked, holding his breath. Jaehee shook her head. "No, he wasn't recognizable to me. Why? Is he someone you know?" She asked him cautiously. Jumin shook his head. "No! No, he um... seemed... like someone I had known but no, no." 'Smooth,' he thought to himself. 'Real smooth.' "C-Could we leave and go somewhere else? I've lost all appetite." Jaehee asked, biting her lip and constantly checking over her shoulders for any sign of the man. "Right. Let's go. I have a place I wanted to bring you." Jumin smiled. "Allons-y!" He said in an attempt to cheer up his assistant. Jaehee cocked her head to the side. "Uh... what?" She asked. Jumin shook his head. "It means 'let's go.' Seriously, do you know no french at all?" Jaehee turned red of embarrassment.

"No, not as such. I know a little, but just the basics." She bit her lip. "But I do know how to spell the longest word in the dictionary!" Jumin furrowed his brow. "Isn't it supercalifragilisticexpiallidocious?" Jumin asked. Jaehee laughed, shaking her head. Jumin's face brightened at his assistants laughter. "No, supercalifragilisticexpiallidocious only has thirty five letters, but Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis has forty five letters." Jaehee stated proudly. "What the hell kind of word is that?!" Jumin asked. Jaehee laughed again as Jumin began to lead Jaehee out of the garden. "Well, Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicavolcanoconiosis is a noun that is a form of the illness pneumoconiosis, caused by the inhalation of a fine silica dust found in most volcanoes." She stated matter of factly. "Ask Zen to spell that one." Jumin said jokingly. Jaehee laughed again, all her worries gone. "Okay, I will."

{a few minutes later...}

Jumin called a driver to take them to a special place that he kept secret to Jaehee, making sure to whisper the location to their driver. Jaehee looked out the window, watching the early morning town go by. She put down the window to get some fresh air, putting her hand out and feeling the air slip in between her delicate fingers. Jumin smiled over at her as wind blew her short cut hair around. In no time they had reached their destination — Orangerie, a popular art museum in Paris. Once Jaehee saw where they were going her eyes lit up and she practically dragged Jumin to the entrance. By the time the two got inside, she realized what she was doing and quickly let go of Jumin's wrist, turning to him embarrassedly. "I-I'm sorry! An I go too fast for you?" She asked. Jumin smiled. "No, it's fine. Go ahead, check everything out." Jaehee smiled back at him, rushing around, attempting to look at everything. She pulled out her book and began sketching and writing down about pieces of art that interested her.

Jumin felt like a parent, watching over a much younger child who was excited to see everything, although Jaehee had the common sense not to touch anything or to squeal. Her excitement with the many things she seen in the art museum was all Jumin needed to keep himself going, although he was bored. The whole day, that's all they did. Running around, looking at art. They both missed lunch and supper. It was already 8:00 pm by the time Jaehee flopped down on a bench inside the museum, flinging her jacket to the side. "Phew... I'm tired..." she said. Jumin chuckled. "The feeling is mutual, but I have to show you one last thing before we leave tomorrow." Jaehee sprung to her feet. "T-Tomorrow?!" She questioned. Jumin nodded. "Yeah, tomorrow." "W-Where are we headed then?" Jaehee asked curiously. "Jumin raised his eyebrows. "Egypt." Jaehee's face lit up. "Really?!" She squealed with excitement and everyone in the same room as them turned to look at her. Jumin put his finger to his lips. "Sshhhh!" Jaehee immediately stopped, turning red. "U-Uhhh... let's go." She said quietly, keeping her head down as she left the museum with Jumin right on her tail.

Jumin called the driver again and once they got picked up, Jaehee pondered him with questions about their final stop. By the time Jaehee had asked forty questions, Jumin was irritated. "Assistant Kang, where is the one place we haven't gone that's huge in Paris?" He asked. Jaehee bit her lip. "A few Cafes, the Louvre, a park, the catacombs, the Eiffel..." she gasped. "The Eiffel Tower!" She said. Jumin smiled with a sigh, leaning back, silently thanking god that Jaehee had finally stopped questioning him and had found out her answer. Once the two got to the Eiffel Tower, Jaehee stayed close to Jumin, realizing that she was really, really cold. They got in the elevator to the second floor, and Jaehee just couldn't contain her excitement. "I can't believe we're going to be on the top of the Eiffel Tower! Everyone will look like bugs!" She said with a laugh. Jumin smiled and nodded, but he was really, really nervous. "Promise me something." He said, looking over at his overjoyed assistant, who nodded in reply. "Stay close to me, and don't jump around. I... I can't risk you falling." He said. He grabbed her hand and held it tightly. Jaehee smiled.

"Don't worry about it." She said. She stood on her tiptoes and kissed him on the cheek as soon as the elevator doors opened. "Kissing is a huge thing in France, isn't it Mr. Han?" She asked. It was obvious she hadn't done all that much research. Jumin couldn't speak, so he nodded. His assistant ran on ahead of him to the second elevator. As he followed her, his hand reached up to touch his cheek, which was slightly cold where she had kissed him. He blushed. 'Jaehee kissed me she kissed me she kissed me oh my god she kissed me...' once the two got into the second elevator, Jaehee made them link hands again. They stood in the elevator, Jaehee's grip on Jumin's hand hard, waiting to reach the top. Once they did, Jaehee gasped at the sight, and Jumin's blood began to circulate again as Jaehee's grip left it. She leaned over the banister, looking out. "Wow... it's beautiful up here..." she said. Jumin smiled. "Almost as beautiful as you..." he said in a low voice. "What was that, Mr. Han?" Jaehee asked. Jumin turned red again and shook his head. "I...I said look up at the moon." He said. Jaehee smiled, looking up at the moon as requested. It was full and high up in the sky, shining down brightly on the two. A wind passed by them and Jaehee shivered, her hands going up to rub her exposed arms. Jumin looked at her questioningly.

"Didn't you have a sweater earlier?" He asked her. Jaehee sighed. "Ugh, yes, I must have left it at the museum!" "Do you want to go back and get it?" Jumin offered. "If the museum isn't closed..." Jaehee replied. The two were about to head back down in the elevator, when Jumin suddenly pushed his assistant against the elevator wall. He put his hands on either side of her, enclosing her as her face turned a deep shade of red. Jumin pressed his lips to Jaehee's for a quick moment, then pulled away. "Kissings a huge thing in France, isn't it Assistant Kang?" He asked. And with that the doors opened, and he left the elevator.

I love this ship so much~ it just makes sense!! I mean, (route spoilers) I'm Jaehee's route Jumin crashes a car because Jaehee leaves the company, when Zen talks and Jaehee compliments him Jumin will tell them to "stop shitting around" and in Jaehee's afterstory Jumin makes Yoosung (as his new assistant) go undercover to check on Jaehee's coffee shop and report back to him to see how it's doing. Also, when you tell Jaehee during her route that you haven't eaten right after she tells you she hasn't eaten and she tells you to take care of yourself, Jumin says to Jaehee "take care of yourself first." Causing Jaehee to type "..." as a response. Ahh!! It's canon!! Please!!! Ahhhhhhhh I love it!! ^^ I also love you guys!! Bye!! 💛💛💛 ~TheWeeWeeaboo