Chapter 11: Attacked and Emoticons

There is a chapter below all of this bullshit but first off...

I told my mom about this account. Here's how it happened.

Me: *eating McDonald's* so mom.

Mom: yeah? *also eating McDonald's*

Me: *stays quiet for a few moments, contemplating if it's safe to tell mom*

Mom: YEAH?!?!

Me: I have an online account and I write stories.

Mom: oh.

Me: any... overprotective thoughts?

Mom: no.

Mom: I'd imagined you'd do something more with your life.

Me: well... I posted an original. There's, like, a 2% chance it could get popular and I could actually publish it on paperback. That would be doing something with my life.

Mom: no, doing something memorable.

Me: is this not enough?

Mom: my name is in stories for help with cover design, and I'm not famous. We're not swimming in money.

Me: mom. I wrote the story. That is different than helping with design.

Mom: is it?

Me: I think it is.

Mom: how many views does your most popular book have?

Me: *proudly* 5K.

Mom: that's pathetic.

Me: *orders another Big Mac to eat away the pain*

Okay, here's the chapter.

Jaehee chose a cute outfit for that day. She wore a bright blue blazer, a white and black striped shirt, a cute yellow skirt, tights, and her everyday black heels. Satisfied with her looks, she walked downstairs to the restaurant inside the hotel. It was really fancy, it even had a bar. It was packed with people, some very professional looking and others looking very lost. 'Oh, no.' Jaehee thought to herself with a sigh. 'I'll never find Mr. Han in here!' As she moved passed people, muttering an "Excusez-moi" as she bumped into a few, she saw the back of a man with black hair wearing a business suit, fiddling with his sleeves like Jumin had a habit for doing. 'Oh, thank god!' Jaehee thought. She walked over to him and tapped him on the shoulder. "Mr. Han?" She questioned. The man who turned around was not Jaehee's boss. Jaehee embarrassedly turned red.

"Oh, I'm so sorry! U-Um..." Jaehee wracked her brain for an apology in French. "Désolé pour une mouette déprimée?" She said, silently praying she said the right thing. The man chuckled. "You obviously don't know French." He said. Jaehee sighed with relief. "At the least you know my language!" Jaehee said with a nervous giggle. The man smiled. "Do you even know what you said?" He asked her. Jaehee shook her head. "I-I'm terribly sorry if it offended you..." She said. The man chuckled. "I don't know how saying 'Sorry for a depressed seagull' would offend me, unless you're saying I am the seagull." The man said with a laugh. "I-Is that what I said?" She asked nervously. The man nodded. "Anyways, my apologies for disrupting you, I'm just looking for my boss." Jaehee explained. The man smiled. "That's fine." He said. Jaehee bowed lightly. "I must go find him now, once again, my apologies." She said. She turned to leave, but the man grasped her wrist. "No," he said. His eyes darkened and he smiled in a way that terrified Jaehee. "Stay."