26: He Is Losing Himself, Not Her.

Did I update already today? I dunno. I'm confused.

It was late in the day and Jaehee was taking a bath. She said she would be a couple of hours, maybe two. Jumin went on a short walk on the beach, on his way back to the hotel now, with a beach bag in hand. He had both his and Jaehee's cell phones inside. You see, a part of him felt as though Jaehee knew already about what he had done and was going to call the police. Another part of him believed her love wholeheartedly. He didn't know which route to follow. If Jaehee didn't know, what was to happen when she found out? He knew she would eventually — She was a smart girl. How would she come to terms with it?

Honestly Jumin couldn't believe what he had done himself. Away from Jaehee, he realized how destroyed he really was. He killed someone, and he hid it away from the only person he really trusted. But still... he killed someone. Dead. Never coming back. What if he had a family? A wife? A child? These were the sorts of humane questions Jumin attempted to ask himself to make him feel pity and as if he were a monster. But, Jumin was a monster, and those questions led his train of thought to other things. Would Jaehee ever marry him? Would she ever agree to having children with him? It made him smile and blush to think of such things. He was so in love that murder could be wiped from his memory. Being honest, Jumin didn't even remember his victims name.

There was a part of Jumin that felt horrible for that of which he had done, committing a crime and ending a life. As Jumin went into the hotel and went upstairs, one of the phones inside the bag buzzed. It was his own. Jumin answered and didn't get a chance to even say hello.

"Jumin, what did you do?!" His father's voice called from the phone. Jumin smirked.
"Oh, nothing." He said nonchalantly.
"Jumin...!"
"It's not like you could even tell anybody, it would run the business into the ground." Jumin said. He was satisfied with the silence on the other end of the line.
"You are a monster. You are a wretched human being who shall rot in hell! Your assistant is going to run so far away from you once she knows what you've done, and you'll be all alone. You'll realize she never loved you and this was all a mistake." Jumin's father hung up, leaving Jumin in complete silence with a dead line.

He wanted his father to hate him at that point in Egypt. But, now... hearing his own father call him a monster and a wretched human being.... saying he would rot in hell... it gutted him. Although his father was never really there for him, he was still around when his mother left. He was all he had besides Jaehee, and now... if he lost Jaehee...

Jumin's grip tightened on his phone. "No," He muttered under his breath. He opened the door to the hotel room, walking in and tossing the bag to the floor. He heard the hairdryer blowing from the bathroom. Jumin wasn't going to lose Jaehee. He was going to do anything he could, no matter the cost. Wether that means tying Jaehee up and locking her away or even killing her, I am going to do it. No one is having my Jaehee.

As Jumin played back his thoughts in his head, he felt himself go pale and his stomach churn. What was he thinking?! What was he doing?! He felt like he was going to pass out. He was losing himself, he was turning into the thing he was most scared of. Jumin was like a mirror — shattered, broken, each and every fragment of the glass distorted from the thousands of cracks. The image it revealed now was Jumin, but a more twisted, broken, demented Jumin.

The bathroom door opened and Jaehee walked out, dressed in a cute yellow sundress. She looked up at Jumin. "Mr. Han? Are you okay? You look pale." Jaehee asked. Maybe he's regretting his actions, she thought. But it was unlikely to Jaehee. Jumin just stood there, looking at her, innocent and fragile and small in her little sundress and small sandals, like a child... What was Jumin to her? He didn't know anymore. He wanted so badly to go back to Paris and be normal, being with Jaehee and so average and so human and so sane. His vision blurred. Oh god, he was crying.