Chapter 7: Dancing and Gunshots

I'm going to upload an original story tomorrow and I'm really scared about it. The more I think about it the more nervous I get but... hopefully it's not too bad. Everyone says I'm annoying and cringy so it'll probably be just like me. ^^;; lol, I hope you guys enjoy the chapter!!

"Mr. Han?" "Yes, Assistant Kang?" "Are you sure that I look okay?" Jumin rolled his eyes as his assistant asked him for the millionth time if she looked okay. The pair were stood next to each other at the party Jumin had mentioned to his assistant. It was a large ballroom filled with people dressed up in fancy dresses and suits. Jaehee has mentioned when they had first arrived that it appeared as if it were a scene from a movie. Jaehee kept fiddling with her dress, her hair, her hands, and it was starting to annoy Jumin a little bit. He wanted to engage in conversation, yet he didn't really know how to start. "Hey, assistant Kang-" Jumin was cut off by the music playing a slow dancing song. "Yes, Mr. Han?" Jaehee replied, looking up at him. Jumin cleared his throat. "W-We're here to test romantic things, c-correct?" He stuttered. Jaehee nodded. "Yes sir." Jumin nodded as well. "Okay." He waited a second in a slightly awkward silence. "Would you like to dance?" The two asked each other at the same time. Jaehee blushed and began laughing. Jumin chuckled a little bit himself before holding out his hand to his assistant, who took it without hesitation.

As the pair danced, it became quite obvious that Jaehee was nervous. She flinched lightly when Jumin put his hand on her waist and she would sometimes step on his feet. "Ow!" Jumin said. Jaehee stepped back. "I'm sorry!" She said for the millionth time. Jumin sighed and shook his head, pulling her closer to him and tilting her chin up so she would look at him. "Relax." He said with a small smile. They began to dance again and Jaehee calmed down. She was able to get her steps in rhythm with Jumin's and they were finally in sync (and it ain't no lie baby bye bye bye! Please tell me someone gets this...). 'This is strange,' Jaehee thought as she danced. Her heart was banging loudly in her chest and her stomach felt like there were butterflies fluttering around in circles inside of it. 'I've never had this feeling before. It's almost kind of a romantic feeling...' Jaehee realized what she had just thought of. 'No! There is no way! I do not have feelings for him!' She looked up at Jumin. He was smiling softly at her and his eyes were leading her into all of these different sorts of emotions. The song stopped and Jaehee backed away carefully.

"I-I'm sorry..." she said. Jumin shot her a confused look before she ran away. "Wait!" He yelled out to her. A few other women began walking over to Jumin and pestered him with questions as Jaehee ran out to a small balcony. She leaned over onto it and looked up. The stars dotted the dark blue sky. She looked up at the moon, it's greyish glow making her think of Jumin's eyes again. She looked over at the Eiffel Tower as it shone brightly among the city. She smiled to herself, glad to be alone, when she heard footsteps approaching her. "Are you okay? I saw you run off." Jaehee didn't recognize the female voice so she turned. The woman was around her height and had wavy, long black hair. Her lips were painted in a bright red color and her dress was very sleek, made out of a very expensive white silk. Jaehee nodded. "Yeah, I'm fine." She replied. "Just... thinking too much." The woman smiled. "Was that your boyfriend you were dancing with?" Jaehee blushed and shook her head. "Was he your husband?" Jaehee shook her head again. "No, he's my boss." She explained. The woman nodded. "I thought... never mind. I'm Hannah, by the way." She said. Jaehee smiled. "I'm Jaehee." She said. Hannah smiled back. "I know. I mean, it's nice to meet you." The two began to talk to each other for a while, unaware of what was happening inside.

{Jumin PoV}

Jumin looked around everywhere for his assistant. "Where is she?" He whispered to himself, worry growing in his tone. He was about to walk over and ask an older man if he had seen his assistant, but he began to back away. The older man was Jumin's father. 'What the hell is he doing here?!' He thought as his father laughed while talking to some guest. He needed a distraction so his father wouldn't catch him... but what? He suddenly watched a young woman walk away from the balcony and head over to the man Jumin's father was talking to. She hugged the other man and shook Jumin's fathers hand. 'She looks familiar...' Jumin walked over to the balcony where she came from to see his assistant leaning over the railing. He raced forward and grabbed her from behind, almost as if he had to protect her. "Wha- Whoa! M-Mr. Han, what on earth are you doing?!" She asked, turning towards him. Jumin cleared his throat and fixed the bow tie on his tuxedo.

"I thought you were about to jump or something..." he replied sheepishly. Jaehee shook her head. "No..." she replied, smiling lightly. She turned away, looking back out into the night again. Jumin stood next to her, staring at her. 'Should I tell her my father is here? Or no, she'd probably go say hi or something and I can't risk that.' Jumin bit his lip. And Jaehee turned towards him, noticing his stare. "Uh..." she snapped her fingers in front of his face and he shook his head, looking down. "Sorry, lost in thought." He said. "Or maybe I just look nice in this dress." Jaehee teased. Jumin smirked. "Yes, you do." He said, looking back up at her. Jaehee blushed. "I-I was joking..." She stuttered. "I wasn't." Jumin said. Jaehee bit her lip and looked away, unable to make eye contact. Jumin felt his throat go dry as he laid his hand on top of hers, causing her to look back over at him. To his surprise, she didn't move away, she smiled. Jumin smiled back at her. 'Maybe I could... kiss her?' Jumin thought, blushing. He went to lean in towards her when a gunshot went off inside of the building, causing people to scream. The music stopped at a halt and everyone frantically ran in all directions. Jumin didn't know what to do, standing still, unable to move. "Mr. Han, come on!" Jaehee yelled, trying to drag him. Jumin snapped out of it, running back into the building when suddenly the emergency lockdown gates closed behind him. "Phew, that was a close one. Come on, we have to leave right now Assistant Kang." Jumin said. But that's when he noticed a huge problem — Jaehee was still on the other side of the gate.

I'm hungry, tired, anxious, hungry.... and hungry. Mostly hungry. I hope you guys enjoyed this shitty chapter, lol. I was too hungry through the whole thing and didn't proof read so it probably sucks. ^^;; ~TheWeeWeeaboo