23: Crashing Waves and Tones That Change

AN: I BROUGHT THIS BOOK BACK FINALLY!!! Why not?? It's short, but it's back!

"HAWAII!!" Jaehee yelled as she flopped down on her new hotel bed. Jumin smirked at her, watching her bop around the room and looking through the large windows overlooking the beach below. "You seem excited." He said with a chuckle. "Of course I'm excited, we're in Hawaii!" Jaehee cheered. She started unpacking her bags, but Jumin was hesitant to start with his own. What if Jaehee seen the knife? It would be game over for Jumin. "Come on, I'll help you unpack!" Jaehee said cheerfully, reaching for the bag that had the knife inside. "No, don't!" Jumin said, snatching the bag from her grasp. Jaehee shot him a confused glance. Jumin sighed. "I-I can do it myself, thank you." He said. Jaehee, confused, politely muttered "Yes, sir." under her breath and began to finish unpacking her own things.

Jumin snuck the knife into his nightstand where he also put his pills. Just as he was closing the drawer he heard the front door open. He turned. Jaehee was already in a bathing suit, halfway outside the door. "Where are you going?!" Jumin asked, pulling Jaehee back in by the arm and slamming the door shut. "Mr. Han!" Jaehee gasped. "Where. Are. You. Going?" Jumin asked again, more sternly. Jaehee seemed frightened by her boss's harsh actions. "Mr. Han, I was just going out to the beach! Is... is everything okay?" She asked. Jumin sighed. "Wait for me to get ready as well. I don't want you going anywhere without me." "Why?" Jaehee asked. "I don't want you to get hurt." Jumin admitted. "Just... just wait for me." Jaehee shook her head.

"You've been acting strange," Jaehee said, crossing her arms. "I don't like it. If it's a joke, then I don't find it very funny." Jumin felt hurt at the sternness in Jaehee's tone. Was... was she really that mad at him? "Ever since Egypt you've been acting strange, as if someone's going to attack me again. We should be fine, unless..." Jaehee sighed. "Unless you know something that I don't." Jumin tensed up, looking Jaehee right in the eyes. 'She's onto me,' he thought. 'I have to play it cool.' "I'm just cautious. I also don't want you to get to the water before me by sneaking out. That's cheating." Jumin smirked. "Wait for me to get into a bathing suit and I'll race you to the water from the door." Jaehee smirked. "Is that a bet?" She asked playfully. "Maybe it is." Jumin said, leaning over his assistant. Jaehee couldn't help but laugh.

"Okay, okay! I'll wait for you." She said, turning to the window. "Just don't take too long." Jumin sighed with relief as he put on his own bathing suit. As soon as the pair were ready, they stood by the hotels front door where Jaehee raced ahead. "Hey! No cheating!" Jumin yelled out to her, racing after her. Before Jaehee could hit the water, Jumin tackled her and the two of them fell with a splash at the same time. Jaehee sat up, wet sand sticking to her hair. "H-Hey!! That is so not fair!" She said with a laugh. "I almost had it!" Jumin chuckled at his assistant and splashed her with water. "Yeah... you almost had it. I win!" He said. "We both hit the water at the same time, how is does that mean you win?!" She asked as a cold wave splashed down on the two, smashing into Jaehee's back and crashing into Jumin face. Jaehee squealed at the cold temperature and Jumin spit salt water out of his mouth. "Juumiin! You spit on meee!" Jaehee whined, moving away.

Although she wouldn't admit it aloud, she thought her boss looked attractive covered in water with his normally Raven, wavy, bouncy hair stuck down flat and straight, appearing brown in the sunlight. He shook his head and water drops flung from his hair. When he looked back at Jaehee, all he could do was chuckle. He suddenly leaned forwards and placed his hand to the back of her head. Jaehee blushed. 'W-What is he doing?!' She thought. Was he going to kiss her?! Well, it wouldn't be the first time. She closed her eyes, waiting for her boss to press his lips to hers, when she felt his hand move away from her head. She waited a little bit until she heard him chuckle, then opened her eyes. "This was stuck in your hair." He said, holding up a piece of seaweed. Jaehee's face turned completely red. "O-oh..." she mumbled, looking away.

As the day went by Jaehee found that they were having a lot of fun, but she still felt as though Jumin was holding something back. As the sun began to set and it got more cold out, the two sat by the end of the pier, watching the waves went by and feeling the water splashing against their feet. Jaehee sighed dreamily and laid on her back, looking up at the orange sky and the birds flying past. Jumin smiled, watching his assistant and self consciously reaching up to his flat, wet hair. He looked off at the tree line where he saw a pair of glinting grey eyes. His breath hitched at the back of his throats as he watched the figure sink back into the tree line. Jumin grasped Jaehee's hand quickly. "I-I'm cold. Let's go in." He said quickly, somewhat dragging Jaehee off the pier. "W-What?! Jumin!" She squealed. Although she wanted to protest, Jumin did look pale and his hand was frighteningly cold, and it felt as if she were holding an ice cube. She decided not to resist.

As the two made their way back up to the hotel, Jumin towel dried his hair while looking out the large windows at the pier. Or... actually, it seemed like he was looking farther on from the pier. Jaehee began to walk over to him, looking out the window. "Is... something wrong?" She asked, placing her hand on Jumin's arm. He turned to her, smiling. "No. There won't be a problem soon." He said. Jaehee was confused and slightly scared of Jumin tone. It was... off. He sounded like he was... out of it. Like, he had no emotion. Like the Joker almost. Like he was planning something, something wrong. It was almost like he... almost like he had lost his mind.

Jaehee stepped back a bit and went to the bathroom to get dressed. "I'm dangerous," Jumin's voice echoed through Jaehee's thoughts. "You should stay away from me." Had Jaehee made a mistake when she promised Jumin that she would stay?

AN: Well that's all I can write for now. I have plans for the next chapter and I'm really excited about it!!!!! I love you guys 💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛💛 ~TheWeeWeeaboo