58- 10 Years AU

[My friend, @A_person255, accidentally gave me this idea, so thank you, Aun! ^_^  I'm not sure this is all that great, but I really wanted to get something out for all of you. I hope you enjoy!

--

Third Person's POV

The room is big, cold, and bright. A suited man is sitting across from the cool metal table. The suited man has dark skin, eyeing the man opposite him. The other man is in casual clothing, his eyes cast down and with a frown.

"So," the suited man speaks, "I'm guessing that you'd never be here again. Especially for him after all this time."

The other man scoffs and lifts himself higher on the chair. His leg shakes up and down as he shakes his head.

"Never in million years," he replies, "I used to hope I'd come back years ago."

"So," The suited man says, "When was the last time you saw him?"

He shifts in his chair again and heaves out a breath.

"10 Years ago," his voice cracks.

"Do you remember where?"

"Why do I need to do this again? I've already told you this ten years ago."

"They're just to help you remember him. To come to term with his return."

"This isn't something that happened in 10 days! It's been years, Detective Henriksen."

"We all understand that. We're trying to slowly introduce him back into your life."

The other man laughs bitterly, "Calling me and saying he's alive IS NOT slowly introducing him back."

Detective Henriksen sighs.

"You're right, nothing about being here can be gradual. But you need build up to being able to see him in person."

"I just-"

"Dean," Detective Henriksen interrupts, "When did you last see him? What were you doing?"

"The last time I saw him was May 18th. I remember that the day before we went to some fair. It was like one of our first dates," Dean slumps in his chair and sighs, "Anyway I was, uh, fixing my Baby, my car. Gabriel was there too, he picked Cas up because Cas was gonna go to some trip for work."

Henriksen nods, "All right. When did you know he was missing?"

"When he didn't reply to me or Gabriel. He always manages to call or text back a few hours later. Two days was too freaking long. The first day I just assumed he was too busy settling in, but I knew something was off the day after."

"What was your relationship status with him?"

Dean rubs the ring finger on his left hand as he replies, "We were engaged."

"What was your first thought when the Captain called you?"

"Lies," Dean replies immediately, "That she was playing some sort of prank on me, even though I knew she wouldn't do that."

"How do you feel about Castiel?"

"Loss."

"Did someone inform you about what happened to him?"

"Yeah, uh, Captain Harvelle said that was knapped. Some guys, they wrapped a belt around his next and dragged him into some trunk. They did terrible things to him and then just threw him on the side of the road," Dean sighs shakily.