17- You'd Choose Me Over Baby?

Third Person's P.O.V.

Dean pulls up into their garage. The brothers have a bit of a struggle when they get out of the Impala.

Dean closes the door and glass flies into his seat. Baby's windows are broken, doors and trunk dented. Blood is splattered both inside and outside the Impala.

Sam limps away from the Impala and goes into the library.

"Sam." A deep voice says from behind him. Sam holds his breath as he turns to face the angel.

Sam is cut, beaten and bloody. His clothes are stained with blood of the creatures they hunted mixed with some of his own.

Castiel walks up to Sam. He puts a hand on his shoulder and heals all his wounds.

Sam exhales and says, "Thanks."

Castiel nods and asks where Dean is. Sam informs him that he's in the garage. Castiel turns away from Sam and walks to the garage.

He sees Dean mumbling something under his breath as he circles Baby. Seeing how damaged his Impala is.

"Hello, Dean." Castiel says. Dean turns to look at Castiel.

He isn't beaten as badly as Sam, but he is bloody, cut and has bruises forming.

"Hey, Cas." Dean says. Castiel walks over and presses two fingers against Dean's forehead, healing all his wounds.

"Thanks." Dean says. Castiel nods.

"My poor Baby...she's gone through so much.." Dean says sadly, turning back to look at her.

"Yes, she has." Castiel says, taking sight of what's left of the Impala.

Dean opens the passenger's door and picks up the demon blade from the car floor. He tosses it to the angel, he catches it easily and places it in a pocket of his coat.

"Why do they have to go after her? What has she ever done? I know I can rebuild her again, but what's the point of going after my Baby. Some people think it's just a car, which it's totally not. It's family, home... been with us since the beginning. Do they even know how much she means to me, or would they just do that to anyone? I-" Dean stops.

Castiel tilts his head to the side and furrows his brows. "What?" He asks.

"Sorry, Cas. You probably don't want to hear all this and I'm just rambling.." Dean says, cleaning out the inside of his Impala.

"It's fine, Dean. I really don't mind." Castiel says.

"You've gotten good at lying." Dean gets out of his Impala and turns to the angel.

"You know I'm not lying." Castiel says. Dean smiles slightly and continues to clean out the Impala. They stay in silence for a while.

"But even though she is family, if it were between her and Sam, you'd choose Sam?" Castiel says more as a question than a statement.

"You really have to ask that?" Dean gets out the Impala and goes to the hood.

"No, I guess not. You'd choose Sam." Castiel says. Castiel opens his mouth to say something else, but doesn't say anything.

"What?" Dean asks. Castiel shakes his head, dismissing it.

"No, tell me. What were you gonna say?" Dean urges and head towards him.

"I just.." Castiel begins, "question if you'd choose me over her."

"Cas, that's not even a question." Dean says. The answer is obvious, he'd choose Cas in a heartbeat.

"Yes..you'd choose her." Castiel says, avoiding Dean's gaze, a hint of sadness behind his voice.

"What? No, I wouldn't."

"You wouldn't?" Castiel looks into Dean's green eyes.

"No, I wouldn't. I'd choose you, Cas."

"You'd choose me over Baby?"

"Of course. Why did you think I wouldn't?"

"I just thought she was more important to you. I've done so much wrong, betrayed you two and everything.." Castiel says and looks down at the floor.

"You're more important. Hey, I've almost killed you and you're still here. I've messed up more than you." Dean reasons. Castiel looks up at Dean when he places a hand on his shoulder.

"Don't you ever think that you're not important. You are. You've helped me and Sam so much and I can't thank you enough for it. You're family, Cas. A fellow hunter. A Winchester." Dean says. Castiel smiles widely. Dean called him a Winchester.

Castiel steps forward and brings Dean into an embrace. Dean hugs him and pats him on the back a few times.

"Thank you, Dean."

"No problem, Cas." Dean says and pulls back from the embrace. "Now, help me fix Baby."