"My father told me stories when I was a child about an ancient artifact that held the power to bring peace or destroy a whole civilization. He thought it to be lost until one day a man visited us offering it as a gift. He told stories about his adventures how he searched for a safe place to live. The king thanked the man keeping the key safely locked away until the day they might need it. Zarkon soon discovered its true capabilities and fought to take it for himself. He wanted to use it's power to conquer the universe." Allura tells the paladins anger evident in her voice. Coran walks to her side to finish for her.

"King Alfor sought out the man and managed to send both he and the key through a wormhole. It seems his efforts were a success in keeping it from enemy hands. But it's only a matter of time until Zarkon sets his sights on both Voltron and this key. Although it's still peculiar how your family got ahold of it." Charlotte nods at the man turning to face her friends from earth.

"What if that man turned out to be your dad? That would make you over ten thousand years old Charlie." Hunk ponders from his spot on the couch. Charlotte shakes her head with a giggle. There was no way they could be the same person. Right?

"Maybe your dad just happened to find it? You did mention he collected artifacts from old ruins. He could of found it anywhere around the world." Pidge speaks closing their laptop to join in the conversation.

"At least we have some form of lead even if it doesn't make sense. I mean who uses riddles anymore?" Lance throws his hands up with a sigh. "Whoever made it couldn't just write directions? It'd sure make things easier."

"It's a weapon capable of mass annihilation of course they couldn't mark it with a neon sign saying treasure here!" Keith retorts. "This wandering soul it mentions would be just about anyone."

"Guys I appreciate the help really, but you should focus on Voltron. The universe if going to need its protectors. I'll work on it alone for now, it's what I'm good at anyway." Charlotte says running her finger over Percy's fur. The squirrel relaxes at her touch nuzzling his face into her cheek.

"Oh no, you already missed out on two days of training. You're coming too." Shiro pats Charlotte's shoulder and leaves the lounge. Hunk and Pidge walk out after the leader. Allura excuses herself walking with Coran to run more tests on the castle. Lance walked past messing up her hair.

"I...can train too?" Charlotte mumbles in disbelief. Previously Shiro was against allowing her anywhere near missions or anything involving weapons. Part of her wondered what made him change his mind.

"Is it that surprising? You're joining us like you wanted." Keith tells her. Charlotte squeaks in surprise forgetting he was still in the room.

Turquoise eyes fall upon the red paladin in suspicion. "You talked to Shiro didn't you?"

Keith shrugs walking toward the door. "I just don't want to have to save you every time there's an attack. Your fighting could use some work." He smirks leaving the room. Charlotte smiles to herself following after him. Thanks Keith.

Dressed clothes fit for training Charlotte paced the weapon room. Her turquoise eyes analyzed each of them testing how they felt in her hands. She already tried most of the Altean weapons coming up with nothing. So far none of them felt right either being too heavy or not suited for the fighting style she was already somewhat familiar with. Percy chittered on her shoulder completely against her wielding a weapon.

"First it begins with sparring then soon enough you'll be on the frontlines of an enemy war. I will not allow it!" He squeaks in her ear. Charlotte sighs patting his head with her finger as she moves on to the next weapon. She allows him to continue ranting even after grabbing a spear. The coolness of the metal seeped through the fabric of her gloves. A couple of practice jabs later the brunette leaves the armory to meet with the paladins