I'd been unfair by refusing her calls during the week, but come Saturday, I realised that she had stopped. Who can blame her? I don't, but it gave me a little cause for concern. Had she given up? I didn't know, but I had to find out.

Throwing on some sweats and a hoodie, I rushed down to my car and fired up the engine. Thankfully, Sunday morning means less traffic. Arriving at Normani's place in record time, I pull myself from my car and head straight up the drive. Knowing that I need to see her now, I knock loudly and pray that she is here. Getting no reply, I continue to knock until I curl my fist and pound a little harder.

Ten minutes later, I hear her yelling through the door. I know that I've woken her, but right now I don't care. Her door swinging open, I just stare. She looks worn. Her eyes don't have that sparkle I love, and her skin is a little more pale than usual, with dark circles around her eyes.

"Can I help you, Miss Jauregui?" Her words cold, I can feel the tears forming in my eyes.

"Hi." I croak out. "Um-"

"What can I do for you?" She asks. Arms folded across her chest.

"C-Can I come in?" Don't beg, Lauren. It's embarrassing.

"What for?" She furrows her brow and I realise that she no longer cares about what we are doing.

"To talk." I give her a pleading look, and I can see she is tired. Tired of this. Tired of me.

"You come here and pound my door at 8 in the morning and you think I want to talk?" Scoffing, she moves away from the door and steps aside.

Stepping inside, I breathe a sigh of relief. "Thank you."

"You've had four days to come by and talk, Lauren. I really don't know what there is to say." She sighs and takes a seat. "I don't even know what I've done, so I have nothing to say."

"I'm sorry."

"Yeah?" She raises an eyebrow.

"Yes. So sorry, Normani."

"For what exactly?" I can see she is confused, and I know she has every right to be.

"For the past few days. Just, when I saw you with her, I coul-" Cutting me off, she stands and shakes her head.

"Wait, you thought I was cheating on you?" Giving me an incredulous look, I know right then that I'm wrong. So wrong. She doesn't even know that I was thinking it, so it obviously wasn't happening. "I don't believe this. I-I don't believe you."

"Do you think we could sit down and work this out?" I ask, moving a little closer. When she doesn't back away, I take that as my permission to close the distance some more. "I really want to talk."

"'So did I, Lauren. I wanted to talk almost a week ago. I wanted to talk when you walked out of my door. I just, I don't even know what to say to you right now."

"Then don't say anything. Just hear me out?" Taking her hand in my own, I give her a sad smile. "Please?"

Gaining a slight nod from her, I pull her towards the couch and sit us both down. Refusing to let go of her hand, I take a breath and close my eyes. "I understand. I understand why you panicked last week. I know you have a lot to lose, and I should have spoken to you before I sat Ally down. It was thoughtless of me, and I'm sorry. I shouldn't have walked out of here, but I did. I did and I don't ever plan on doing that again. Just seeing you with her. She is like the whore of the campus, Normani. She sleeps with everyone."

"You don't trust me." After everything I've just said, that is what she gives me? Okay. "I have spent my days and nights wondering if you would ever come back. If you would ever talk to me again, and you were sat at home thinking I had another woman in my bed." Her voice breaking, I feel an overwhelming sense of guilt hit me square in the stomach. But I do trust her. "I don't care who she is or what she does, I don't even know her. I'd never." Shaking her head, she stopped herself from repeating what I thought had been happening, and I'm thankful. I'm thankful because right now, I'm embarrassed. How could I ever think that she would do that? I know she wouldn't do that. The green eyed monster came out to play. Fucker!