Sophily

Emily POV

Screams, cries, blood, gore.

The hospital is flooded with injured people from the shooting. I sit in the waiting room, my leg bouncing up and down as I stress about Alison's wellbeing.

"Emily, you're shaking," Hanna whispers, slipping her hand into mine. I stand up, not wanting anyone to touch me.

"Just don't, Hanna."

She sighs, "I know you're worried-" "worried? Worried doesn't even begin to describe how I'm feeling right now. Alison could be dead. She is carrying a baby! My baby! And she got shot. I was with her Hanna, she lost a lot of blood. If something happens to her-" the doors open and I see a familiar face run in, eyes bloodshot and face pale as a ghost.

My breath escapes me as I choke out, "Sophia."

She turns to me and sobs, "oh my God." She runs over and hugs me.

I let my head fall on her shoulder as I sob.

"Em, what happened?"

Aric places a hand on my shoulder and I hug him too, then Jessica.

"A shooter. Automatic gun. I needed to get her...she could've...I'm so sorry. I should've gotten her sooner. It's all my fault." I sob but Jessica hugs me.

"Emily you saved my daughter's life. And you saved your child's life."

She pulls away and I stare at her with wide eyes, "wait...you know?"

She nods, "the doctor called us to come. Told us everything. I'm not upset. I'm happy. For the both of you...I just hope that you two can find your way back to each other."

I nod, "once she wakes up I am never letting her out of my sight again."

Aric pats my shoulder, "thank you, Em. For everything. Alison...she's really lucky to have you."

I lick my lips, "thank you...but I think I'm the lucky one."

He smiles at me and Sophia punches my stomach, making me grunt and double over. 

"Fuck..."

"You idiot. You could've gotten yourself killed," she hisses and hugs me, crying into my shoulder. I hug her back and sigh happily, glad that I'm with Sophia again.

As much as I love college, I missed Sophia.

"I know. I'm sorry."

"You're lucky you lived. I would resurrect you and whoop your ass back to hell."

I chuckle, "I've missed you, Sophia."

"God Emily Fields," she pulls away, holding my cheeks, her emotions splayed all about her face and body.

"I missed you so much."

I smile weakly and hug her again.

"Anyone here for Alison DiLaurentis?" A doctor calls and we all jog over, "how is she?" Aric asks and everyone else throws comments out there.

He nods, "Alison is doing well. She is stable, however she will need to stay off her leg. We managed to get the bullet out without much damage, but she will need a wheelchair and crutches for the next few weeks while her leg heals."

"And the baby?" I quickly blurt, scared shitless for his answer.

He nods, "the babies are fine."

I frown, "babies?"

He nods, looking at his clipboard, "yes, babies. Alison is having twins."

My heart stops in my chest. But not in a bad way. In a good way. Really good, too.