Horror

Emily POV

"EMILY! EMILY HELP ME!" Alison cries out to me while running down a road. I sprint for her, reaching out but I trip and fall, watching as she falls off a cliff.

"ALISON!"

I jump after her and my vision goes white.

I expect to hit the ground, my bones shattering all throughout my body.

But I don't. I'm not even falling anymore. I'm in a room.

The walls are white. Actually, everything is white. There's a bed. Alison's on it. 

"Ali," I run over to her but she's not moving. "Alison?" I caress her cheek gently but she doesn't move. Her eyes don't open.

"Als. Babe." I gently shake her but nothing. A long beep sounds and I look at the monitor. She's not breathing.

"No. No no no no. Alison? Ali!" I shake her harder but she won't wake up.

There's a baby crying nearby. The door opens. "Here's your son." She brings a small infant over to me and I look at Alison, seeing blood covering the sheets at the bottom of the bed.

"No. NO!" I scream out and grab Alison's hand, "Alison wake up. Come on baby I know you're not dead. You can't be!"

"ALISON!"

"Emily? Emily. Em!" 

I shoot up in my bed, sweat covering my face while Sophia stands over me, her eyes wide with fear. I look around, panting, grabbing for oxygen.

"Are you okay? What happened?" I look at the spot next to me but Alison isn't there.

"Where is she? Where's Ali-" "she's in the bathroom. She's taking a bubble bath. Emily. Your chest. Breathe." Sophia places a hand on my chest while I gulp down a deep breath.

"I just...I had a bad dream, I guess."

She nods and stands up, "I'm making breakfast downstairs. I'll get the kids to the bus. Just relax, alright? Spend the day with your wife. Talk things out. She needs you, Emily." 

I nod slowly and she leaves.

Shakily, I stand up and head to the bathroom, seeing Alison with her head back and eyes closed, looking peaceful for once in the past few months.

I slip off my boxers and t-shirt, then kiss her forehead, gently sliding in behind her and she smiles weakly at me.

I brush her hair away from her neck and kiss the back of it.

"Are you still all stick and no sugar?" She says and I sigh, "I just don't want to lose you, Alison."

"And it's not your choice to make, Emily. I have a choice and I have made it."

I close my eyes and think back to my dream. Nightmare. 

"Alison-" "I just want to take a bath Emily. The jets soothe me." She closes her eyes again and leans back in my arms.

I decide to drop it and savor this moment with her. My arms wrap around her while I kiss the back of her head.

Then her neck, her shoulder.

She sighs out her stress and relaxes into my body. I rest my chin on her shoulder and eye down her stomach. The baby.

It's killing her from the inside out. I want to make it all stop. I just want to get rid of it if the outcome of keeping it is my wife dying

We've just worked so hard to get here. Married, kids, alive. Healthy

Am I the kind of person that would just let that all go down the drain? Hell no.