»part 27 » bloody palms

Start from the beginning

I laughed, "I wouldn't be caught dead touching your shit. Who knows what I'd catch."

"I don't know why you're still here. You're like deadweight to the Gallagher's." She shot while squaring her shoulders, "I'm shocked they still let you come around. You do nothing but use them. News flash: grow the fuck up."

I bit back a smirk and stood from the lumpy couch. I felt my annoyance bubble into anger the longer she stood in front of me. With malice tightening in my fists, I stood tall next to Sammi. "I would choose your next words wisely, Sammi. I may not be a Gallagher but I will not hesitate to lay that bat against your pale face."

Sammi stood small in front of me while her nose flared and her lip quivered. She tried to mask her fear but I could practically smell it off her. She was all bark and no bite.

"What the fuck is going on?" Mickey's voice rumbled through the house as he came walking down the stairs with-a-newly-released Ian tailing short behind him. "She buggin you, Cash?"

I crossed my arms over my chest as Mickey stood behind me.

Sammi blinked rapidly before stuttering, "You guys are all nothing but white trash. I'll be relieved when I finally find a place that's far away from all of you." With that, she scurried to the kitchen and disappeared.

My shoulders slumped as I turned around to look at Mickey and Ian, "It's too early for that shit."

Mickey scratched his nose, "Hey, if she tries to fuck with you, just let me know. We can take her out."

I smirked, "Thanks, Mick, but I think I can handle a little rat." My attention shifted to Ian, who stood behind Mickey with his head low, "How you feelin'?"

He looked up, "I don't really feel anything."

While I was away at Polytech, Ian was released from the facility and brought back home but that didn't erase his problem. Debs told me that he refused to take his meds and almost hit her with a bat because he had a breakdown. The other day, Mickey got him to finally go to the doctor's and get real medication. It's like he's heavily sedated. He walks around like a zombie, there's no real emotion in his face. Sometimes it hurts to be around him.

But he has Mickey now, and I trust him to take care of the redhead.

I pursed my lips, at loss for words. Our friendship never had dull silences. From the very start, we always had things to talk about. Whether it was boys or movies, we would talk each other's ears off until the sun rose. Never were we at loss for words.

Mickey cleared his throat as Ian walked around us and made his way towards the kitchen.

"You Nurse Milkovich, now?" I joked, trying to lighten the mood.

"Fuck you, Monaco." Mickey spat, "I'm trying."

"I know you are. How are you holding up?"

"I'm not," He answered, honestly, "I'm just trying to for him. He's different every day, and it's hard to keep up."

I nodded and watched as something flashed in his eyes. It was pain. I could see it in the way his mouth twisted as he spoke. I could see it in the way his eyebrows dropped with each word. He was trying and it was hurting him.

"But I'm gonna do everything I can to keep him sane." He nodded and shifted before changing the subject, "How are you doing? I heard you were away with Lip for a while. Make up sex?"

I huffed out a laugh, pretending that I wasn't thinking about Lip in bed. "Nothing happened, freak. We're just friends. I helped him sell a little bit of pot on campus and that was it."