Chapter 30: Throw It Away

*If it doesn't challenge you, it won't change you.*

It's like my life moved in slow motion. I watched as Emma jumped up and down clapping her hands like a child, with a smile the size of Texas on her face, spewing words of crazy love shit. Lance had jumped from his seat and was stalking over to Knight who still wore his typical mischievous grin. He obviously had no fear for his Alpha for his body remained calm. Just before Lance had the chance to wrap his large hands around his Beta's throat, Emma decided to open her mouth and make matters even worse.

"I can't believe it!" She squealed loudly. I prepared for the worse, there was no stopping her now. The fairytale like sparkle in her eyes meant she was busy conjuring up some crazy fantasy, more than likely she was already planning my wedding. "Your very first kiss! What was it like?" She grabbed me by the arm and continued to bounce around, not even aware of the scene she was causing. The men in the room had gone deathly still. "Ugh, I wish my first kiss was with my potential. You remember Crazy Sandy right? That kid from my seventh grade class," she made a disgusted face, "he was like kissing sandpaper! You're so lucky! I bet there were sparks and everything. Momma always said when she and da-"

Knight interrupted her, "Lilith?" I almost preferred to hear his pet name for me rather than my actual name roll off his lips. Wiping all emotion from my face, I pulled out all the stops and worked up as much bravery as I could too meet his eyes.

Which, was a mistake.

Desire and bits of confusion stared back at me. It caught me off guard to see emotion so clearly though his dark eyes. "She's joking right?" I'm not sure if it was the overwhelming embarrassment or slow building anger but I refused to open my mouth. I wasn't even sure if I was capable of speech right now.

My eyes darted over to Lance. His fully changed Hybrid eyes darted back and forth between me and Knight. Anger, disappointment and sorrow is what I seen behind them. With each breath his lungs took, a deep growl rumbled from his chest on every exhale.

Emma finally caught on to the issue at hand when she look in their postures. Ever so slowly, she began pushing be back out of the door. "Riiigghtt.. So about what I just said.." She was trying to cover up her mess but it was no use. With each step we took back, the men took another step towards us.

I felt the familiar push of someone trying to enter my head and let my walls fall. 'I am soo sorry Lilly, I didn't even think about Lance being in the room. I completely forgot about the whole two potential mate thing.' I let my eyes slide over to hers and just shook my head. 'We need to get out of here, the amount of male testosterone in here is going to explode any second.'

"Lilith.." Lance rumbled out my name, "Please don't tell me that you're.." he faded out to let me fill in the rest. This wasn't really how I wanted to the 'the talk' about the birds and the bee's. Not that I ever wanted it at all but I think this made the top of the list of possible ways.

I called on my beast to lend me some strength or at the very least advice but she was happily content on watching from the sidelines. Taking a deep breath, I did my best to calm my every growing nerves. "My sexual.. experience, is my business. Not either of yours."

Knight snickered, "I'll be damn. You are a little girl, aren't you?" So glad he found this amusing.

"Silence Knight." Lance strode towards me and I matched his gain steps with my retreating ones with Emma in tow. "Kitten that's nothing to be embarrassed about, it's just not that often anymore that you find someone at your age who isn't.. at least a little bit experienced." His voice was soft and reassuring.