Chapter 20: We Are One

*You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.*

I had eaten probably about four sandwiches by the time he had finished explaining things.

Neither of us brought up the weird sensation between us anytime we were too close though. Acting like it never happened sounded good to me.

The gist of it was pretty much that apparently my parents had to have been third or fourth generation hybrids which made my blood pure. Which was apparently pretty crazy even though Lance and Knight were also pure blood hybrids.

Oh and apparently pure blood hybrids were in a league of their own because only they could fully shift so that's why they are called hounds.

Wolf plus vamp equals hybrid. Hybrid plus hybrid equals stronger hybrid. Strong hybrid plus strong hybrid equals even stronger and so on and so forth till you get to a hybrid that can fully shift which makes it a hound. Simple, right?

Knight came back eventually with a glass of water for me and said he was a fourth generation hybrid while Lance was a third generation, then resumed his spot on the wall.

Someone spent time looking up their family trees... I seriously doubted I would ever figure out mine and honestly, I didn't care. I mean, who wants to meet the parents who were supposedly graced by the Goddess to be able to have a child and then toss her out like old news? Nope, not me.

Lance said he wasn't sure where the name hound started from but since it fit pretty well, that's what he chose to stick with. Ever heard of hell hounds? Yeah that's us.

Oh and to top it all off. He was damn near one hundred percent positive that he was the first ever hound. Cocky, right?

"So that makes you how old?"

"Hmmm.. I lost count really. Maybe three hundred and something, right Knight?" I shook my head in disbelief. "I met you back in what? Like the seventeen hundreds?"

"Hmmm.. That sounds about right." Knight commented nonchalantly.

"Wow, talk about old guys." Emma grumbled sleepily. Rubbing her eyes and yawning, she sat up and scooted out of Lucas' lap giving him a sheepish smile. "Thanks. You make a good pillow."

He blushed slightly. "You must be hungry, Lilith ate all of the sandwiches but I'll go make some more." He quickly jumped up and dashed out of the room.

"So what have I missed?" I handed her my glass of water and she gulped it down greedily.

"Just explaining to kitten her background." Lance smiled politely while Emma shot me a questioning look. "My name is Lance, you are on my lands."

"So you're the dude who gave the order to extract us.." She was just as amused as I was about the whole ordeal.

"I'm going to kill that boy." Knight grumbled.

I held back a laugh. Poor kid.

"In such harsh terms, yes that was me." He had a lot to learn if he thought that was harsh. "And to be more precise, they were to extract Lilith but apparently you two are a package deal. "

"Of course we are." She stated firmly. "For what reasons?" She was on a roll now. I just sat back in the seat, sinking my sore body into the grey suede cushion and enjoyed the show. Emma crossed her arms over her chest and her forehead crinkled.