Chapter 13: Silence

*Zachary's wolf*

*My mood altered and the pain turned to rage*

We have partly shifted our whole life. Not once has my beast ever felt the need to fully shift, and honestly I didn't even know if we could. At this moment though, my whole being felt cramped. I felt like my skin was too tight for my body, it itched and burned. The pain from the pack bond being ripped from me still lingered but this new sensation was quickly taking over.

Zachary's eyes widened as he watched my transformation. Taking the distraction in my favor, I shoved him off of me.

Hard.

His body flew back a few feet and he landed on his ass with a snarl. Quick to recover, he jumped to his feet. "Finally showing your true colors."

My beast laughed in my head. He has no idea.

I crouched into a defensive position and bared my fangs. I was scared. Not of him but of us.

Partly shifting was one thing. The first time we did it was the night of the attack. I didn't really remember much but a week after the situation my beast came to the surface more.

I remember talking with her one night, it was a night that Emma went to spend the night with a friend and I was left alone in our room. My beast spoke softly to me, telling me how strong we were and what amazing things we could do. I remember her convincing me to let her come forward just a bit, I also remember the pain of shifting my hands in to claws. Every single bone in my hand snapped and repositioned itself. It took all I had to not scream out. Once it was done though the pain receded and we were left with a new weapon.

Night after night, I did it again and again until I was able to shift all the way to my shoulders and down my back a little. I had tried shifting my legs once but they bent at such an odd angle it scared me to death. Even if I was able to accomplish it, I didn't think I could walk on them.

Now she begged in my head to be fully released. She was trying to be gentle with me and cox me into it but my fear was holding me back. Could we really shift all the way, and if so, what would I be? I'm not a wolf, well not fully anyways. What does a hybrid look like? Black skin and scales apparently.

Beautiful, we will look beautiful. She spoke proudly.

"Do it. Show them your real skin monster." Zachary sneered and took a step towards me, his skin already starting to grow patches of fur. "I will use your coat as a doormat."

I just held my position and growled loudly, warning him to keep his distance.

"Miss please!" I heard a man yell in the distance and footsteps running towards the crowd.

"Lilly!" It was Emma. Me and my beast perked up at the sound of her voice. "Get away from her!" The crowed moved out of the way and let her through, her mother running towards her and stopping her from coming into the middle with us. "What are you doing Zach?!" She still looked pale but not as bad as she had before, I could see a little prick in her arm and could smell the change in her blood. Someone must have given her a blood transfusion.

"Baby girl, tell us what happened." Her mother pleaded. "Did she attack you? Did she hurt you?"

Emma looked like she was going to be sick. "What! Are you crazy?" Her eyes filled with shock and anger. "She's my sister, she would never!"

"Lies!" Zachary screamed madly. "She has brainwashed you. Look at her!" His arms flailed around as he spoke. "She's a monster!"

Emma just shook her head. "The only one around here that's acting like a monster is you Zachary. She saved my life and you're trying to punish her with death?"

He lost it, his eyes clouded over with farel rage. I thought he would try to attack me again but he lunged for his mother and sister. "Traitor! I am your alpha!" Fur ripped across his skin and he shifted into his large coco colored wolf. Their mother shoved Emma out of the way and took the blunt of the impact but he wasn't after her. His eyes were set on his sister.

After slamming her to the ground, he stepped of her calmly like she wasn't even there and turned to stalk Emma. He had truly lost his mind over to his wolf.

His father didn't even move as he watched his mate pick herself off the ground. He just stood there with his fist clenched at his sides.

Emma's eyes were like a deers in the headlights, they shifted towards mine and I caught the tears forming in them.

That's all it took to shake me out of the shock.

A snarl tore from my lips loud enough the make the pebbles shake around me. My skin was on fire like someone just threw lava down my back. My beast surged forward, no longer caring about being gentle but worried for our sisters sake.

I screamed out in pain as I felt my body contort. My ribs snapped and I couldn't breathe. I was lying face down in the dirt as my back arched. Each bone broke with a loud snap accompanied with another scream. My vision was blurry with tears but I could see Zachary turn his attention towards me. His lips curled into another snarl while he licked his lips hungrily and trotted towards my broken figure. My beast panicked and pushed us harder. If he caught us mid shift, we were done for.

"Zachary!" Emma called out to him but he paid her no attention. "I Emma Steel, hereby-" he wiped his head around to her form as bits of blonde fur broke out across her skin. "Reject you as my alpha and this god forsaken pack!"
There were cries and howls all over the pack as she ripped her bond from them.

Their princess had abandoned them.

Her cries turned to whines as she completed her shift. Picking herself up slowly, she showed her canines to her once alpha.

So close. Hold on. Just a little further. My beast whimpered. My pain was her pain.

The pain intensified to a point where I wished for death. I don't even think I was screaming anymore, or at least it couldn't even if I wanted to. My head felt like it was going to explode at any money and I thought I was going to black out. I couldn't see or hear anything but the sound of my heart beating wildly in my chest.

Then it stopped.

I heard my heart stop.

I felt my heart stop.

It was so quiet.

*Im a terrible person. I know. Let me know what you think though, maybe if you're sweet the next chapter won't end in a cliffhanger... maybe..*