Chapter 15: Run

*Those who do not move, do not notice their chains.*

We ran hard. We had remind ourself not to outrun our sister. She was smaller and her legs were shorter. Our strides were long and graceful, powerful legs pushed us forwards into the unknown. We jumped over broken logs and weaved in and out of trees. Everything blurred passed us but we could still see everything clearly. My beast yiped with joy as we stretched our legs. I scolded her gently, reminding her that this was not the time to play. We needed to stay focused.

Demi continued to fly ahead of us. His wings beat furiously to stay in the lead. Occasionally weaving off to the left or right, hopefully leading us somewhere safe and far from the Steel Pack. We were nearing the borders, I could smell the territory markers just ahead mixed with something else that made us falter.

Slowing to a fast phased trot, we lifted our muzzle trying to identify the other scent. It seemed familiar to us but we couldn't place it.

Emma nudged our neck releasing a small whine of concern. We returned the gesture and continued cautiously. What ever waited for us ahead couldn't be any worse than the threat behind us.

Speaking of behind us.

Our ears picked up the sound of the pack quickly closing in on us. Their snarls filled the forest. Demi screeched once more, reminding me that I need to just trust him.

My beast was on edge but I pushed her forward. We started to run again, Emma staying close to my side, occasionally bumping into me.

My hackles rose as the smell of blood and dirt filled my nose. Vampires. Emma snarled next to me and we slammed on the breaks. Just on the out side of the territory stood a group of people. Lowering our head and snarling we stepped in front of Emma.

What really confused me was the fact that there were wolves there too. Vampires and wolves stood together. In the middle of them all was the mystery man from the mall. The man who had helped me at the club. He stood out from the rest of the group. His eyes burning like mine. Dressed in just a pair of dark jeans, he took a calm step towards us, earning another snarl from our lips. His face was void of emotion as he spoke. "Hello Lilith." Emma peeked out from around our dark frame with wide eyes. We turned and nipped at her in a warning to stay where she was. "We mean you no harm girl." We cocked our head to the side in question but reminded where we stood. "You are us and we protect our own." Taking another step, he reached his hand out towards us. Just a few more steps and I would be able to take that large hand in our jaws. My beast growled lowly. "Choose quickly, your out of time."

Zachary and his pack had reached us. Spinning to the side so we could keep them both in our peripheral vision, we showed our teeth in warning. I didn't know what to do. To the right was my old pack, willing and waiting to kill me while to my left was unknown. I wasn't sure which was worse. Would I escape one hell to only fall into another? The Goddess couldn't be that cruel, could she? My beast whined in our head, she was leaning towards the unknown. We have a chance. I feel his energy, it reminds me of ours.

Zachary shifted back into his skin. "What is this?" He was bristling with anger. "Who the hell are you and what are you doing on my lands."

They mystery man smirked. "My name is Knight and I'm the beta of the Sangius Family. I am here to escort Lilith and her friend safely off your lands under my alphas direct orders."

Before Zachary could respond his father shifted into his skin and stepped up. "Yes, we understand."

His son whipped his head around and snarled. "Like hell we-"

"Silence pup!" He bit out. "Open your eyes. Look with your wolf." Zachary shut his mouth and took a deep breath. Shock registered on his face. We took a deeper breath, filling our lungs with air.

We were surrounded.

"That's right. Now if you would call of your pack." He waited patiently, not once removing the smirk from his lips.

Zachary's face contorted in anger and he took a step towards Knight. Before his foot even hit the ground, the forest vibrated with growls and hisses. Eyes of all colors shone through the darkness all around us. Emma whimpered next to me, sinking her blonde body closer to mine.

Me and my beast stared out with a mix or wonder and amazement. I felt them all around me. Their energy caressed our body, warming us to the core.

"Now." Knights voice rang out with authority. Zachary quickly nodded at his warriors and they stepped back bowing their heads under the pressure Knight and his family were putting off.

Slowly, he turned and walked back to the pack house sparing once last glance at me and his sister. The look in his eyes told me this wasn't the last I would be seeing of him.

A smaller golden wolf stepped out of the group to us. I recognized her immediately. It was Emma's mother. She whined and slunk to the dirt on her belly showing she wasn't a threat. Emma yipped sadly and approached her mother slowly.

I held my position, this was their goodbye and I won't take that way from her. Knight must have figured out who she was cause he just nodded and made his way to me. I lifted my lip to show him fangs but he didn't stop. Once he was within touching distance of me did he stop. "Will you change back into your skin so we can talk?" He was speaking gently like you would talk to a child.

No longer feeling threatened, my beast slid back into my mind and let me come towards. I rolled my eyes at him and grumbled.

"I don't think she knows how to." Emma was walking towards us with tears still in her eyes. She stood in front of his group completely naked which earned a growl from me. She just laughed and came over to stroke my head.

Knight kept his eyes at a respectable level while one of the members appeared with a large shirt. She accepted it with a small thanks and slipped it over her head. It fit her like a dress, hanging down just past her knees.

"What do you mean?" Knight looked at me with wonder than back to Emma with surprise. "Are you implying this was her first shift?"

Nodding her head, she trailed her tiny fingers down my thick neck, tracing over the scales that were flat against my skin making them smooth to the touch. "This is amazing Lilly." She said softly. I closed my eyes and purred as she memorized the feel of my coat. It felt good. I felt good. I felt alive for once in my life.

"She is amazing." Knight whispered and I met his dark brown eyes. I could see something behind them and my beast stood at attention. He smiled and closed them. When he reopened them I was no longer looking at the man but the beast inside of him. His back eyes burned with power and made me shiver. My beast howled with joy in my head.

We weren't alone.

*Welp, what do you think about Lilith beast? Pretty bad ass, yeah? Welcome to my world of hybrids!*

*Oh and if you haven't noticed, I'm a binge writer. Today was my day off so I stayed up till 5 in the morning writing and spent pretty much my whole day pushing out two chapters in one day. So bare with me if I disappear for a day or so. I've got another day off coming up soon so I'll be posting another chapter then.*

*As always, feel free to ask any question and if it was to your liking then drop a vote up in this B. Stay frosty loves! Till next time! 😘😘*