Chapter 16: Its A Long Walk

*Sometimes, when chaos burns like wildfires around us; we have no other choice but to fall in love with the warmth*

I was starting to get annoyed. I have been trying to shift back into my skin for the past fifteen minutes and I've gotten no where. Absolutely no where. My beast chuckled in my head and I snapped at her. She thought it was funny and refused to offer any help whatsoever.

I let out a low rumble and laid my head down on my paws. "Come on Lilly, don't give up just yet. I know you can do it." Emma was trying her hardest to stay positive. I just rolled my eyes.

"We can't sit out here all night now girl. We need to get moving." Knight spoke. "Keep trying while we walk." I eyed him carefully. Me and my beast didn't like to be bossed around.

"And where are we going?" Emma asked.

"Back to my Alpha. He's waiting for us."

Like hell we are. I lifted my tired body up, my shoulder still throbbing from the chewing it received from Zachary, and showed my canines in defiance stepping in front of Emma.

"Yeahh.. I'm not to sure about that." She laughed.

Knight faced me and raised a brow. "So what's your plan then girl? You going back there?" He pointed to the Steel pack.

Snarl.

"No? Okay so you have somewhere else you plan on going. Somewhere safe for two lone, unmated females." He was getting cocky.

Growl.

"Hmm.. so let me get this straight. You have a whole pack out for your hide with no plan whatsoever. No money, no food, no shelter, no nothing. Your both tired and you are hurt. While she knows how to shift, I seriously doubt she knows how to fight." Emma snarled. "You, I'm sure has the ability to fight but lack the knowledge how to. I bet money you fight with rage, not skill. Matter of fact, I know you do. I've witnessed the bloody scene after your rage."

Silence.

His eyes held mine. His beast lurking very close behind them. I knew Emma was confused, I hadn't had the chance to tell her how he had helped me.

I hated it though. We hated it. He was right. I had no idea what we were going to do now and as much as I dreaded it, we had to go with him. Not only was it smart but it was dangerous not to. If I said no, who's to say he wouldn't sic the rest of his group on us.

My beast paced back-and-forth in my head. She agreed with me but wasn't happy. I closed my eyes and tried to picture myself in my skin again. I need to shift so I could talk. For once, she decided not to be stubborn and gave me a push of energy to help me along. My bones began to twist and snap as I shrunk into my human form. It was painful and I let out some involuntary yelps and cries. Thankfully it was no where near as painful as the shift to my beast form though, I wasn't sure if I could handle pain like that again so soon.

After a few minutes of me rolling around on the ground, I was in my skin once again. Covered in mud, blood and sweat, I was on my hands and knees painting like a wild dog trying to catch my breath. Emma crouched over me whispering words of encouragement but I had my eyes locked on Knights.

His energy pushed out at mine and my beast pushed hers back. Our creatures were sizing each other up but we were tired. Beyond tired. Even though she was up for whatever power challenge he had in mind, after a minute his beast receded seemingly happy with whatever he gathered.

I took Emma's helping had and stood on shaky legs. I felt like a mess so I had no doubt that I looked like one. I could feel the eyes in the shadows trailing over my body but I stood proud. I refused to show any fear. Nodding at Emma, I walked up to the large man. "Fine. Let us meet your alpha then." Pulling a shirt out of no where, he handed it too me and I slipped it on.

It smelled like a wolf. I peered into the night, attempting to find its previous owner. Unable to pin point the scent, I just nodded a thanks into the darkness. Surely whoever loaned it to me was watching.

"We have a long walk ahead of us and an even further drive." Knight walked out ahead of us leading the way.

"Can you shift again?" I asked Emma. I felt much better if she was in her fur. I still didn't trust this man. She smiled and slipped off her loaned shirt and handed it to me.

"What about you?"

I shook my head. My body couldn't handle another shift, even though my beast longed to run in her skin again, she knew our human body couldn't afford anymore strain. "No, I'll stay in my skin." She looked worried but said nothing while she changed into her little blonde wolf. Her shoulder came up to the middle of my waist and I sunk my fingers into her fur. She was average for a female wolf in height and length. Her wolf yiped and licked my hand causing me to smile. "Come on sister. Let's get out of here." We jogged up to Knights side. "Lets make this trip shorter than. The sooner we get to your alpha then sooner my debt is paid." He wanted our appearance and that's all he would get.

Knight's lips crinkled upwards in an almost smile. "Have it your away girl." He snarled into the air above him and the forest came to life. Some members of his group came into the stream of moonlight that surrounded us. "The girl wants to run, let's see if she can keep up with us then." Hisses and barks of excitement filled the silence. "To the vehicles family." He commanded and took off.

Some wolves shifted while others stayed in human form. A few vampires blurred past us while a couple strolled off into the night without a care. Me and Emma stood there in shock. There had to have been at least twenty five that I counted and more that I didn't even see.

"Lilith right?" A young tan skinned man cautiously walked towards us. He was the man who's shirt I was wearing, I could smell it. "I'm Lucas. Are you okay to run?" He couldn't have been much older than I was, his face held a look of innocence. I jerked my head in a tight nod while Emma whined below me. "Okay then.. we should get going then." He paused and ran a hand through sandy blond hair. "Beta Knight has been known to leave behind stragglers." A nervous laugh escaped his lips. He was trying to be nice but my beast made me nervous around strangers.

Giving him a tight smile, I started to jog after the group with Emma and the Lucas close behind me. Most of the group had already left but their scent trail was easy to follow. It wasn't long till we broke into a full on run. Lucas wasn't lying, we three were all in last place.

*Welp, whatcha think? Think it's a smart move for them to go with Knight? This Alpha sounds a little demanding.. Hmmm.. just wait till you see him 😘*