Chapter 21: Goodnight

*Some people are like clouds. When they disappear, it's a beautiful day.*

To say they were stunned was an understatement to say the least. Emma's mouth hung open with her eyes wide with wonder. Knight actually uncrossed his arms and looked intrigued for once. It was Lance's face that confused us the most. He sat there and stared at us in awe, like we were most certainly a prize and he had just won.

It didn't sit well with us.

"Wipe the looks off your faces." Being merged together, she was much more bold than I. We directed our attention to Emma. "The only difference now is that you know. Nothing else has changed. I have always been here."

Emma face sobered. "So I'm speaking with.."

"Her beast.. or hound as the two males call me."

"Ohh.." She reached out to touch us, like we weren't real. "Your wrong though." We cocked our head to the side in question. "This does change things.." Emma smiled mischievously and we already knew where she was going with this. Flinging herself at us, without an ounce of fear, she squealed playfully. "I have two sisters!!!"

We were relieved, at first we thought she might reject us now but she never ceased to surprise us. Wrapping our arms tightly around her neck, we hugged her with everything we had. "You always have sister. Always."

"While this is touching, can we get back to the matter at hand?" Knight was back to being an ass.

We repressed a snarl and released Emma. Staring at the dark man who's hound had come forth as well, we tried to look as unfazed as possible. We could see him lingering in Knight's eyes, just watching. The same with Lance as well. Both men had their hounds out, they seemed eager to meet us.

I pulled back and gave my beast more reign. I was confident that she would handle this situation like it should be.

"And what exactly is this matter at hand, as far as we are concerned, everything has been discussed." I don't think I was ever more proud of my beast than this moment. We leaned back in the seat and threw an arm around Emma. Crossing our legs, the shirt that was loaned to us rode up. "We know what we are, we know where we came from and we know who you two are."

Lance's eyes shot to my upper thighs, a low growl emanated deep in his chest. "Perhaps we should call it a night. It has been a long day.." My beast chuckled, she knew what she was doing to him.

Cheeky bitch.

"Well a shower would be nice actually." Emma piped up.

Mmm yess.. I felt disgusting and had no doubt that I looked such.

"That settles it then. I will show you too your rooms, you can get a shower, get some more appropriate sleep and we will resume this talk in the morning over some breakfast." Lance's voice held command. Standing from his seat, he stretched his back. His muscles flexing and making my beast purr.

I yanked the control back from her before she could act on all the thoughts running though her head. I wish she would make up her mind.

Pushing myself up from the seat, I leaned down to help Emma stand. I forgot that I had hurt my shoulder when I reached out to help her and pain shot through my arm making me hiss.

Lance was one me immediately. "What happened?" His large hand pushed up the sleeve, his skin brushing mine making me shiver. He reveled a large patch of partly healed red skin.

"I'm fine."

"This should have healed by now." His finger kept tracing over my skin like he couldn't get enough of touching me.

Knight called out as he left the room. "Not when the wound was inflicted by an Alpha."

"Alpha? You didn't-" Lance growled. "Why were you attacked by an Alpha?"

Someone had some explaining to do and it sure as hell wasn't going to be me.

"Ask your beta."

He started to speak again but Lucas came rushing into the room with a plate stacked a mile high of sandwiches of all kinds. "Sorry it took me so long. I didn't know what you would like.. so I made a few of everything."

I like him.

Yeah, so did I. He was a sweet boy.

"Lucas do you mind showing us to our rooms?" Emma had her sweet voice on. I mouthed thank you to her. She knew I couldn't take much more of Lance and his electric touch.

"Uhh.." he looked back and forth between his Alpha and us. "Sure?"

"Good." She grabbed his free hand and mine and started walking to the hall. "We've got it from here." She called back to Lance.

As we left the room, I stole one last glance at him. He was fuming. I couldn't help but laugh at his face scrunched up like it was. My voice caught his attention and his face quickly lit up with a smile.

"Goodnight kitten." He whispered.

*Okay, so I know this one was really short and is pretty much a filler but at least I posted a chapter.. right?*