Chapter 7: Lots Of Yelling

*Picture of Emma*

*You can't sell dreams to someone who has walked through nightmares*

The whole way to the restaurant was hell to say the least. Question after question after question from Emma. It didn't matter that I didn't answer them either, she did it for me. "Why didn't you smile at him, you have a killer smile!" Mmhmm.. sure you would think that. Your the only one who has ever seen it. "Because your a MORON, that's freaking why!! Ugh!!!"

She has resorted to screaming at me, fantastic.

Stopping at a red light she turns and faces me, taking my face in her delicate hands and try's to look into my soul. "Lilith.." she pauses and her face loses all emotion. "Hunny are you a lesbian?"

What. The. Fuck.

I didn't even know what to say. "If you are it's cool but you got to tell me stuff like this. I could be trying to hook you up with women instead of wasting my time on men." She was so serious, she really thought I was gay. Please shoot me. I couldn't hold back any long and I lost it.

I laughed so hard tears formed in my eyes. "You've got," sob. "To be," sob. "Fucking kidding me!" My stomach was starting to cramp up it was so bad. Emma just stared at me until the car behind us honked. Turning her attention back to the road, we were on the move again.

Finally able to catch my breath, still giggling like only she could make me do, I reached over and placed a hand on her shoulder. "Aww Emma, don't be mad. It was funny. If it makes you feel any better, if I was gay I'd set my sights on you." I snickered but she didn't even glance at me. "Emma please." She was starting to worry me. She had her face all crunched up like she was thinking really hard. "Emma?" I tried one more time.

She exploded. I don't mean like body parts everywhere, but verbally exploded. "THEN WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!!" I was shocked by her sudden outburst and plastered myself to my side of the car, attempting to become one with it. "He was standing right there!" My beast tried to come out, feeling threatened but I slammed her back in place. Emma would never hurt me and I knew that. Honestly I don't think she could even if she wanted to. Yeah that sounded a little cocky. Oh well. She was small and wasn't the fighting type.

I could see her eyes were turning golden. The little flakes beginning to appear. Taking a breath, I spoke in a calm voice, "Why is it such a big deal Emma?" We had just pulled into the parking lot and she sighed, dragging her hands through her hair she tried to calm her raging emotions. Sensing that we needed a break form the topic, I cleared my throat and stepped out of the car. After straightening my outfit, I poked my head back in the doorway. "Come on, we're already late. We can finish this later, kay?"

Emma nodded and silently followed me to the building. We were seated immediately and went ahead and ordered ourselves two waters with lemons. Once the waitress was gone, thank god it was a was a woman or I feared round two of the matching making game would have begun, we looked over the menus making small talk. I ended up choosing a filet mignon dish, rare of course, while Emma was more classy and got duck. I think it was duck.

While we waited for our food we talked about trivial things like new pack gossip. Who was sleeping with who, any new rank changes among the pack members and some boy Emma had the hots for. "I just want you to be happy Lilith." She spoke so softly I thought I heard her wrong. "And don't you dare say your happy cause your not." She looked me dead in the eyes and smiled sadly. "Happy isn't this hun, your content but not happy. I want you to find someone who makes you smile other than me."

My chest hurt so bad. Thoughts flew though my mind like bullets. "You don't want me around no more?" My voice was rough with emotion.

"No!" She cried loud enough it bought us a few unhappy stares. Softer she added, "No, Goddess no Lilith. Your stuck with me for life." The pain started to ease from my chest. Shaking her head, she explained. "That's not what I meant. I'm sorry it sounded bad. What I was trying to say is that I just want you to have more than one person. I can't always be here with you. I can't always stop the others.." She trailed off but I knew what she meant. She couldn't always stop the other members of the pack from glaring at me or the whispering threats I heard every time I left our room.

Sighing, I tried to explain the feeling I had with the mystery man. "When I touched him, I felt something." Her eyes widen with excitement. "Not like that Emma, get out of your fantasy. I felt a familiar energy, kinda like my own. I didn't know if I should have been scared or excited." I still felt the tingles in my fingers and flexed them hoping to rid the feeling.

"Do you think he's like you?" Emma asked, her eyes held so much excitement it hurt. Yes, I didn't want to be alone in this world... but... I was worried. I couldn't shake the feeling I had and it wasn't a good one.

"I'm not sure." I whispered staring down at the table. I tried reaching out for my beast, I knew she had answers but she chose to ignore me still. "Either way, he's gone now and I'll never see him again." Even as I said those words, I could taste the lie. I would see him again, but I wasn't sure if it was going to be on good terms or bad.

*Hellloooo once again! Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has graced my little work in progress with their attention. Just seeing the views go up fuels my desire to write more and more! Oh and just a quick shout out to OlympicWolf ! You want updates?! I give you updates! I live to please! Lol Anywho.. As always loves, feel free to drop a vote or comment. Any advice is always appreciated! Peace!*