Chapter 23: I Promise

*Picture of Lilith*

*Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window which you must see the world.*

Emma finally finished up in the shower, I handed her the pure white towel as she stepped out. "I still don't know if they are potentials or not and even if they are, we have bigger problems than that right now."

She just laughed and shook her head. "Having a potential isn't supposed to be a problem Lilly. Any normal person would be excited. The fact that you found not only one but two? That's a miracle."

Miracle my ass I thought as I stepped into the shower. The fire hot water pouring over my skin making me hiss. I watched the dirty water run down the drain. "What if it's just our hounds connecting that causing the spark? I mean it would make sense, I've never met anyone like me."

"You keep telling yourself what you need to but I would bet money that either one of them could be your mates."

Grabbing the closest bottle to me, I squeezed the soap out into my hands and started to scrub the top layer of my skin off trying to wash away today.

"How about this, we stay long enough to meet other hybrids. Lucas said this.. pack? Clan? Whatever they call it, has a bunch of them. If they feel the same way as Lance or Knight then you win. Buttt..." she drawled out " if they don't then I win."

"Fine." It had to be that. She would see, it's just the newness of all of this that's causing these feelings. I had to believe that.

Emma left the bathroom as I finished washing. I scrubbed every inch of my body until the water got cold. Eventually I twisted the knobs and the water shut off. Stepping out, steam filled the room. Wrapping myself in the fluffy towel, I wiped the fogged up mirror to stare at my face.

I pulled my beast forward. She was going to speak to me whether she liked it or not. I watched my eyes slowly transform into their dark color. "What's going on with us?" I whispered low enough Emma wouldn't hear me. I could feel her grumbling in my head. I wasn't having any of that though. "Please. Just this once, talk to me."

What do you want me to say?

"Is it true?" I asked.

I could feel her sigh. I know as much as you do. Nothing more, nothing less. This is new to me as well.

"Do you feel the connection?" 

Yes of course. I feel the pull of their hounds. But I am unsure if it's due to a mate bond or pure hybrid connection. All I know is a long to be around them.

I closed my eyes and leaned my head against the glass. "I feel different now."

I know.

"I'm not sure if I like it or not." I confessed.

Give it time. Don't push it away.

"I won't. Like you said earlier. We are one. I could never push you away." A small smile played on my face.

Let's go run. She offered.

"On two legs or four?"

I would like to stretch my legs again.

I knew she did. I have held her back for so long, I couldn't imagine being trapped like that. "Okay."

Keeping the towel wrapped around me, I walked out of the bathroom to find Emma passed out on the bed surrounded by bread crumbs. I could help the smile that covered my face. She looked like a mess with her hair spread out all around her, still wrapped in a towel and mouth hanging open.

Brushing the crumbs away and putting the plate aside on the nightstand. I gently lifted her up and moved the covers. Placing her head in the pillow, I tucked her in like a mother hen and brushed the blonde strands out of her face.

She was going to be the death of me.

I thought about just trying to sneak out the front door but I was too concerned about waking someone up. So I decided to go out the window. I would figure out how to get back in later.

Pushing the window up, I looked out wondering what time it was. It was still dark outside thankfully. That would help my chances of not getting caught.

Tightening my towel around me, I hopped up on the ledge. It wasn't too far down. Just three stories. I laughed to myself. How crazy did that sound. My beast rose to the surface as I launched myself off the ledge. Tucking at the last moment and rolling to safety, I crouched down, staying still as possible. I couldn't hear anyone nearby. Just a few men to my left somewhere laughing. No one heard me.

Staying low, I weaved around a few parked cars slowly making it to the tree line up ahead. My beast was anxious. Her energy boiling inside of me just waiting to flow over. I felt my hands shift as I ran followed my arms and shoulders.

Almost there.

"Are you just going to leave her here?" A deep voice called to me.

Swinging around, I faced Knight. He was leaning against a nearby tree with a scowl on his face. "And here I thought you cared about her."

I growled lowly. "I'm not leaving her."

"Then mind explaining why your running off in the middle of the night half naked?" He pushed off the tree and started a slow walk towards me. Scratch that, more like a slow stalk.

I tightened the towel around me again. "My beast wanted to run."

He stopped and cocked his head to the side. "You were going to shift again?"

"Yes."

"You'd think after the day you've had, you would want to get some sleep." Amusement crept in his tone.

"I'm restless." I stated.

"Fine." He began to remove his clothes.

My face began to heat up as I turned my head. "What are you doing!"

"You're hound wants to run and mine wants to meet her. We can run together." I stole a peak and instantly regretted it. Hellooo naked man.

"Uhh.." Now I had stage fright.

"Don't worry, take your time. I'll let you shift in peace." He started to walk away.

"Wait." I called out to him. "Can I watch you shift?" Nervousness filled my voice. This would be my second time ever completing a full shift. Would it hurt like last time? 

He smiled. Like really smiled. It wasn't fake. "It doesn't hurt as bad as the first time. I promise." He began walking towards me. I took a few steps back. My heart was trying to beat out of my chest. "Watch and lean little girl."

*Bam! I bring you another chapter! Your welcome 😜*