Chapter 6: Hello

*Picture of the new mystery man*

*It's scary what a smile can hide*

The trip there was uneventful but still fun. We mostly blared the music and sang until our lungs felt like they were going to deflate. We had around the same taste in music, I generally enjoyed anything she liked listening too but there were a few bands I liked that she however did not. Emma was more into the pop/techno music, she says the beats are perfect for dancing. I on the other hand enjoy a lot of the rock variety. Nothing too heavy but I like some of the darker songs.

When we got to the strip mall it was already swarming with people and the middle of the day. Thankfully, about three hours later with multiple bags she finally called it quits. I say thankfully because she has been known to spend her whole day shopping before.

"I'm pretty sure we have enough crap here to clothe the whole pack Emma." I held my up my arm to her showing all the bags hooked on them. Each was slowly cutting the circulation off from my arm, leaving little red marks.

She didn't even spare me a glance we exited the last store. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. We need to hurry or we are gonna be late to dinner." Typing away on her iPhone she didn't see the massive man standing in front of her and slammed right into him. "Shit!" I reached out and grabbed her, moving her slightly behind me out of habit. "What the hell," reaching down she picked up her now cracked phone "You could have told me I was about to walk into a damn wall Lil-" Finally looking up, Emma noticed the man looking at the two of us with a small smirk on his face. "Not a wall." She said in a breathy voice as she drank in his features.

The man before us had to be at the very least a full foot taller, dressed in casual blue jeans and a black t-shirt, I could understand why Emma couldn't form any words. He was spectacular and I couldn't take my eyes off of him. His head was completely shaved save for the short mohawk which was an odd choice I thought given his standoffish body language. What really had my attention was his eyes. While they were a pretty chocolate brown, it was the depth behind them that had me mesmerized. His eyes held a certain hardness that made me crave to know more.

His sights were on Emma as she fumbled for words, I could see the laughter in his eyes he was holding back. "I am soo sorry Sir, I wasn't even paying attention." Her face was flushed red with embarrassment. "I was just checking the time and you came out of no where." She gave him a silly smile and held her hand out "Hi, Im Emma. This is Lilith." She gestured towards me which caused him to look my way.

As his eyes met mine I watched the laughter that was once in his fade out quickly. Gone was his smirk, replaced with a cold expression. I could feel my beast rise within me, feeling the potential threat.

Ignoring Emma, he held out his had to me. "Pleased to meet you Lilith." His voice was deep and a little scratchy but it made my insides heat up. I wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not. Refusing to touch him, I just nodded my head and moved to grab Emma. Taking actions into her own hands, she yanked my hand up and placed it in his. Sparks ignited between our touch and I could feel his energy as clearly as my own. Shocked, I snatched my hand back.

"You'll have to excuse her, she is a little shy." Emma laughed and shot me a dirty look. I could tell she didn't realize what had just happened between us, not that I really knew either. He on the other hand, looked like there was nothing wrong, like he hadn't felt a thing.

"Excuse me." The man spoke and quickly turned away. Part of me longed to go after him and asked what happened but I couldn't leave Emma's side.

"Umm hello? Earth to crazy pants! What is wrong with you?" Emma stared at me like a had lost my mind. "He was hella hot and obviously was into you and you just blew him off."

"Emma.. He was not-" I tired to tell her there was no way he was into me but she cut me off before I could even finish.

"Bull freaking crap, he couldn't take his eyes off of you, Goddess what am I gonna do with you?" She just sighed and looked down at her now broken phone. Hitting the home button, it actually lit up and she freaked. "Crap! We're gonna be late!" Grabbing my hand, we ran through the mall back to her car leaving behind the mystery man.

Two things were stuck in my head though. One, what the hell happened when we touched and two, why did his energy remind me so much of my own. I tried to ask my beast about it but she only ignored me and retreated back into the shadows of my mind...

*I know it's been a while since I've updated but I'm hoping to post another chapter tonight. This one was just kind of a filler and introduction to the mystery man. Hope you enjoyed, and as always. Feel free to comment and vote!*