Chapter 19: No Crust

*Okay, let's just take a break from our normal routine to appreciate who I based Lance off of. Now let's wipe the drool from our lips.... Good job. You're welcome. 😘*

*To burn with desire and keep quiet about it is the greatest punishment we can bring upon ourselves.*

I must have been out of my damn mind as I passed the threshold into the house..

Mansion?

Castle?

Whatever.

Lance walked in front of me leading the way while Knight and Lucas trailed behind us. I think they stayed at my back just in case I got the nerve to make a run for it.

The interior was immaculate. Still holding the ancient feel, everything was pretty modern. I wasn't sure what I expected. Cobwebs and bats?

To cliché.

I was herded into what looked to be a den. Two couches faced the front wall that held a flat screen tv and fireplace. What caught my attention though was the super soft grey rug under my feet and the ceiling high bookshelf. I didn't think I'd ever seen so many books in one room.

Lance took a seat closest to the fireplace and motioned me to sit next to him. Yeah right.

Refusing to comply, I stood in the middle of the den facing Lance. My toes, which were disgusting to say the least, wiggle underneath me, burning themselves in the magnificent carpet.

Knight leaned against the gaping archway that connected the hall to this room, folding his arms over his chest, I thought I was going to take a nap there when he closed his eyes.

Lucas sat down on the couch furthest from Lance and held his arms out for Emma. "At least let me hold her while you stand." She wasn't heavy but I was sure she was going to wake up with a sore neck if I held her any longer like this. 

Sighing, I slid Emma's sleeping form into Lucas waiting arms. He laid her across his lap, her head resting on the arm of the chair more comfortably.

"She shouldn't be out too much longer." Knight spoke without even opening his eyes. "The fact that you woke so early speaks volumes..." I wanted for him to continue but apparently that's all he was willing to say.

"She will be fine though, it's good for her to sleep after the ordeal you two went though." Lance leaned back into the couch, stretching his arms over his head made his muscles bulge out deliciously. My beast tried to purr out loud but I snapped at her.

Damn hormonal creature. One moment she wanted to rip his throats out and then next she wanted to jump his bones. She just chuckled in my head.

"You brought me here to talk, so let's talk Alpha." I sneered the last word, I didn't want small talk. I wanted to leave.

Knight snarled behind me making Lance snap his eyes to his now open burning ones. After a few moments of silence, Knight left the room.

"Excuse him, his hound is well in depth with his roll of beta." My eyebrow raised in confusion. "He apparently doesn't like the way you speak to me."