Chapter 18: Kitten

*Keep rolling your eyes, maybe you'll find a brain back there.*

Oh I was pissed. Pissed honestly couldn't even describe what I was feeling. I cracked my eyes open and looked around. I was still in the car and thankfully so was Emma. She was leaned against the opposite side of the vehicle peacefully snoring.

Heads will roll. My beast snarled in my head. I completely agreed with her.

Other than the two of us, the suv was empty. Lifting my head slightly, I peaked over the window and took a look around.

We were parked out in front of a huge house. No, more like huge castle. The damn thing looked medieval. There were a few people strolling around the lot but no one paid the massive black box any attention.

It wasn't long before I saw Lucas and Knight strode out from the front door along with someone I didn't recognize. The man was massive. Dominance rolled off him in waves. Quickly ducking my head, I played possum. There was no way I could just jump out, snatch up Emma and take off. Even though every part of me screamed to get out of here, that was a dumb move.

"So she's full blooded?" I didn't recognized the voice but it was laced with doubt.

"We seen her shift Lance." That was Knight.

There was a few grumbles and my door was pulled open. I tried to keep my breathing and heart rate steady the best I could. My beast wasn't helping though.

"You really did a number on them Beta Knight, they've been out for a while." Lucas' voice was a mix of concern and laughter.

"The little wolf was easy but the girl struggled, I was surprised at her resistance against-"

A ground shaking snarl cut him off.

"Lance?"

My hair was brushed out of my face and fingertips caressed my cheek. Little sparks of warmth spread across my body. My beast rumbled but I pushed her down.

Laughter filled the air accompanied by what sounded like someone slapping someone else on the back. "Well then, looks like she won't be leaving anytime soon." I was gently picked up and cradled against someone's chest. My face pressed against bare skin, their scent overwhelmed my senses making my mouth water. My beast was purring, which was starting to freak me out. She's never acted like this before. I didn't like this, I felt weird. "Make that ever. I almost feel bad for her." Knight chuckled.

It took a moment for that to sink in. I was too consumed in these new sensations. But, it did.

Eventually.

"What about Emma?" Lucas asked.

"I don't care." The man named Lance sighed. I felt him push his nose into my hair and take a deep breath. "Keep her here, send her packing, ship her off back to her old pack, I don't care."

That did it. My beast snapped out of her daydream with a snarl that matched my own. I tensed up in his arms. Snapping my eyes open, they met his shocked ones.

"Easy now little one."

Like hell. I showed my fangs and snapped at him, quickly shifting my hands into claws. Taking a swipe at his chest, he dropped me to the ground with an amused look on his face. Landing on my ass, I crouched low hissing in displeasure. Looking to my left, I seen Emma in Lucas arms. Content with her safety for now, I kept my attention on the two men in front of me.

Knight stood off to the side with his arms across his chest. He looked more bored than anything else. The other man, who I guessed was Lance, stood there grinning from ear to ear.

"You didn't tell me she was a feisty little kitten, Knight."

I growled in response.

"What's got you so mad little one?"

Licking my teeth, I stood slowly and walked to Emma. She needed to wake up, we needed to leave. Now.

"Ahh I see. The little wolf. Well little one, she can stay too if you'd like." He was so matter of fact it made me sick.

"We are not staying." I bit out.

"Of course you are." His smile started to fade.

"Like hell we are." My beast voice mixed with my own making it raspy. She didn't like feeling trapped any more than I did. I was thankful for her presence, she gave me the energy to put of a false bravo of strength when I was really terrified. They would not send Emma back there. I wouldn't allow it as much as I would willing stay somewhere with these strangers.

Lance's sea blue eyes darkened. He was a hybrid too. "You weren't kidding. I can see her hound behind her eyes." He spoke to Knight like I wasn't even there. Holding his hand out to me, he step toward us. "Why don't we go inside and talk little one. Lucas, take the little wolf inside and put her in one of the guest rooms."

Lucas started to move but my snarl and piercing gaze stopped him in his tracks. "She isn't going anywhere."

"You have my word she won't be harmed kitten. You two are safe here."

"Words from men who kidnapped us mean nothing to me." I reached out and took Emma from Lucas' arms. Careful not to harm her skin with my claws, I cradled her against my chest.

"Kidnapped?" He looked at Knight confused but he just shrugged his shoulders. "You came willingly."

"I got the impression I had no choice in the matter. I was to be, extracted." I quoted Lucas' words.

Knight sent a look to the boy and he whimpered. I almost felt bad for him. Almost.

"Look kitten-"

"Lilith, my name is Lilith." I was getting annoyed with his pet names.

"Right, Lilith. Anyways, lets just step inside and I can explain. If what my beta has told me is true, you have no idea if your own history. At least let me fill you in on what you are."

"I know what I am. Hybrid. Mix of wolf and vamp. What's more to tell?"

"Oh little kitten, there is so much more you couldn't even imagine." His laugher made my insides twist and turn with pleasure and I could tell he knew exactly what it did to me.

Perhaps we should at least here him out. My beast voiced but I was convinced that she just wanted to spend more time with the male who made us feel so strange.

"Fine, but we leave afterwards." I wouldn't be a prisoner here.

"Have it your way." Mischief twinkled in his eyes.

I groaned inwardly. What I have I gotten us into.

*Alas Alpha Lance is in the picture. As always, feel free to drop a vote or leave a comment. Till next time loves!*