3.2-Leaving

Officer Dean's POV

A Month Later 

"Dean oppa," I turned around, my grin getting wider (if that's even possible) by the minute. She had just finished sticking up the final banner. I gave her a huge thumbs-up.

My eyes dropped to the cake on the round table, it's velvety outward texture looked flawless. I'm actually so glad Zico can bake cakes. Well, it was a team effort- Brian helped out a bit.

I hoisted my belt up a bit as I dimmed down the lights. The banners reflected shimmer across the room. Everyone hid behind the cheap plastic chairs.

I was anticipating their reactions. It was a big day for the guys. They deserved it.

Suddenly, the huge milky white double doors were pushed out revealing the brightly lit hospital corridor. Three silhouettes stood in line, making me tear up.

"Yo-Doctor Mingyu why are we her-"

"SUPRISE!" My heart was pounding as I led the celebrations. The tallest of the trio had a waterfall cascade down his face. Bambam had his hand covering his face, with the other one was securely around Yugyeom's. Jackson smiled directly at me, his pretty pearly whites welcomed me. My heart melted,I gradually got up,sprinted towards him and twirled him around bridal-style. My back lingered with his touch as he held onto me for support. "My baby," I cooed.

He bursted into waterworks as I gently placed him down and pecked his lips. "You really did it," I smiled. Jackson held my hands as tears fell to the ground. "Thank you Dean, I love you,"

My mind froze. Oddly enough, for me, so did the world too. I heard those three words that conveyed a million different meanings come from his mouth.  He was a man who went through a hell of a lot-I know it was hard for him to let someone into his life romantically. I'm beyond honoured that I'm that special guy. He coughed awkwardly as his cheeks turned a bright red.

"I love you more Jackson, I'm so proud of you," My hand gently traced around his eye patch. "You're so beautiful,"

***

Yugyeom's POV

"YOU LITTLE SHIT!" Was all I heard before I was engulfed in a sweaty hug by my best friend. Bambam stood there until Brian dragged him into the embrace too. I was so emotional- this meant the world to me. I firmly held onto my lover's hand- we went through it all together.

After literally prying ourselves from Brian's embrace, Bambam and I saw officer Zico proudly standing back. "Thank you hyungs," Bambam's eyes travelled to the cake on the table.

"Oh is that for-"

"-No no, you all have to be together to see what it says," Zico smirked as Brian smiled at him affectionately. I could already see the ship sailing.

Bambam furrowed his eyebrows. "Alright hyungs, but thank you for all you've done,"

"Oh shush," Brian hushed us. "Y'all deserve it"

***

Bambam's POV

After thanking the two love birds for another five minutes Nurse Heize shushed us along with Yoongi hyung.

"Guys!" She loudly bellowed. I nudged Yugyeom and we both directed our attention onto Nurse Heize. "Well as y'all know, it's a big day for our guys," She breathed out, a growing smile appeared.

"We've watched your journeys, in which you all had to heal both physically, emotionally and mentally. We're all so proud of you," I felt my water line brim with tears, our suffering had led to this. We could walk now.

Nurse Heize patted Yoongi's shoulder. "As the roommate of the youngest and dumbest of the three-" Yugyeom scoffed. "I'm glad to witness your recoveries, it's inspirational." Yoongi directly looked at me, he nodded. I took it as a 'I trust you' look.

That hit me hard, I squeezed Yugyeom's hand. Jackson stood by us, with Dean protectively at his side. "I love you Yugyeom," I gently whispered into his ear as Officer Crush cleared his throat.

"We've all become great friends, and we've built eachother up as a team. My lovely wife and I cherish all our friends. We wish and hope all the best for you,"

Sniffling was all I heard from Jackson's side. As Officer Crush moved towards his wife, Doctor Mingyu stood in the centre. His white doctors uniform was spotless. He had a monotone expression.

"Bambam, Yugyeom and Jackson congratulations on your recovery. I'm pleased in saying that. But that's not all I'm pleased about- I'm very pleased to announce you've been discharged from the hospital as of today. Congratulations!"

***

3rd Person's POV

Loud cheers filled the room. The two males guarding the cake slid to either side revealing what it said. Endless tears of joy filled the room. The three boys hugged eachother tightly before being swarmed by their friends' in a group hug. It was blissful but more importantly it was most deserved.

The gang were so loud they probably woke up the whole hospital. But, right now, they didn't care- they were on top of the world.

"The cake!" Zico yelled as he gently pushed the gang to the wide table. Brian held the camera capturing the moments that will make this day memorable.

"Guys..." Yugyeom said as his top lip quivered. He scanned the cake.

'Difficult roads lead to beautiful destinations.'

"Everything happens for a reason," Yoongi patted his roommates' back as the gang remained thankful for what they've all achieved.

---------