2.9-Verdicts

3rd Person's POV

Yugyeom wants to ask out Bambam. It's been his growing goal as he watches Bambam sleep in the hospital bed next to him every night. Nurse Heize says that Bambam is doing better, it's just taking a while. The shard cut through deep. Yugyeom and Bambam need crutches.

Jackson has been giving Yugyeom tips and advice on how to approach the situation, they're also hospital bed buddies. Jackson is still seriously injured, it's not looking that good for him. He's got many injuries but the worst one is his eye- it had to be removed. The skin was hanging, his socket was damaged beyond repair- nothing could be done. Yugyeom blames himself, everytime he looks at the bandage covering Jackson's right eye he thinks of how he hooked Jackson up with that monster.

Jackson insists it's not his fault, but deep down Yugyeom knows he's to blame.

Brian wasn't hurt as much, but he had to be admitted to hospital because he was walking with wounds which added pressure onto them. Brian bed was at the very end, next to Jackson's bed.

It was something the guys won't forget. The whole ordeal brought them closer. The best hobby they shared was the late night banter when they were supposed to be asleep. It took their minds' off the court case.

Officer Dean seemed very moved by what had happened. He didn't visit the boys recently because of the case, he had to prepare statements and asked us individually what had happened. He seemed really concerned over Jackson.

One late night, when the guys were 'sleeping' Officer Dean came to visit Jackson- who was up. There, Dean had promised Jackson he'd win the case. He said he was in a tough place, and could relate to the younger. During this conversation- Officer Dean kissed Jackson and the guys' all cringed internally from the smooching noises they made.

***

Yugyeom's POV

"Hi guys," We all stopped our chatter to greet Nurse Heize.

"Heya Nurse," Jackson winced as he spoke.

"I have some people here to see y'all-" She slid open the door revealing the three officers and a mint haired boy. Yoongi.

"Hyung!" I exclaimed as Yoongi hyung went over to my bed and pinched my cheeks.

His nostrils were flaring. "You little bastard- you stopped staying at our place! I was worried but I trusted you. And then, I get a phone call that you're hurt-" He sniffles as he hides a tear.

"Awh hyung," I cooed.

"Shut up, I was worried," He awkwardly hugged me.

"I'm dating Jimin by the way," He whispered.

"Really? Yay!"

"Yep," He breaks away, and hands me a biscuit box from his satchel. "Just a get-well treat,"

"Thanks hyung," I grinned.

"Well, I've gotta go but I'll come back soon- I promise," I nodded. "Mianhae- I'm sorry I couldn't introduce myself today," He bows to my friends who tell him it's fine.

"Bye hyung," I watched him leave with a wave. I smiled as I looked at the biscuits.

"Ehem-" Officer Dean coughs, bringing our attention to him. "The final verdict..."

I could feel my heart racing. Nervously, the guys and I exchanged worried glances.

"Dr Haechan is sentenced to life- guys we won," Officer Dean spoke with a huge smile forming on his tiresome face.

I will never forget this moment- I broke down, tears-happy tears- poured out of my eye sockets. And, I wasn't the only one- everyone (even the officers and nurse Heize) were  emotional. The struggles I went through- thinking back to all the pain and suffering we all endured...justice had been served.

"Thank God," Jackson whispered, with his head down as he began to weep. Officer Dean came to his side.

"We won, Jackson," He hugged Jackson.

"We-we really did," Jackson said, almost in disbelief. They broke away- all our gazes landed on the two.

"I know you're scared to love someone- you have every damn reason to. But- I, um, I- I like you- a lot. You don't have to say anything- I don't expect you to," We were quiet, waiting for Jackson to speak.

"C'mon GayAss," I heard Bambam  whisper, he had his fingers crossed. I copied him.

"I-" Jackson broke the tense silence. "I-I like you too. I'd love to take your offer on taking things slow..." Jackson dabbed away his tears as he genuinely smiled.

Brian started clapping loudly. "Yes!" We all roared in celebration.

"You know what this means-" I said to Bambam as the rest were cheering.

"-Those two dates are still on?"

"Oh- boy there will be more," I winked as I stretched my arm across the two beds and he held it, tightly. Brian gave me a cheesy thumbs up- and I returned the gesture with my middle finger.

---------