Twenty-Five : Isaac Returns

Max's POV

She left.

I stared into the mirror. I saw a broken me.

I walked into her room. Her odor that met my nose, made me sick.

I laid on her bed, thinking about how much tears of hers have soaked in this bed sheet. It was all my fault.

If I really loved her, why did I make her suffer? I asked myself.

Things had gone this far, and I realized Hogs was right. I loved her. I changed her. Because I wanted to own her.

Was that really what I was doing for? My selfishness did really overtaken myself.

Her fearless stare and her soft kiss. Everything, replayed in my mind, everytime I closed my eyes. She was supposed to be there, she was supposed to be in my arms, she was supposed to enjoy my cook, she was supposed to be mine. But now, she will never be. Not even a tiny bit of possibility.

I sighed. What about the people of my kingdom. What about Father's order.

My anger and frustration came and it led me to think that if it wasn't Dan who talked to her again, she wouldn't have realized and left.

"RINGGGG—" The telephone rang from the living room through every corner of the mansion. It reminded me of how awfully quiet the whole property was.

I jumped up from bed and speeded to the living room in just a blink of an eye.

I picked up the phone and Hogs's voice raised from the other side.

"Your highness, how was the result? "

"What are you talking about? "

"The blue moon."

His reminder made me furious.

"Nothing happened. " I was deciding to put down the phone.

"There's a solution, your highness. "His voice stopped me.

"What? "

"You must've already considered about the consequences before regrets, didn't you? " A devilish grin came from the other side.

"Where's the antidote. "I growled.

"I thought I've warned you, your highness. "

"This is not a question. It is an order, Hogs. "

"So you're regretting huh. "Another devilish laugh.

I couldn't but clenched my fist.

"You know me so well, kid. Antidote, there is. But I have a deal. "

My fist turned tighter and pouted, "Spill."

Half Past Eleven.

I sat in the living room. Patiently.

I heard loud and wild howling sound from the outside.

The door then swung opened and Father instantly turned into a human, his shirts were ripped and dirt fell off. Victoria followed behind, she had a few scars on her body, her exhausted face and blood dripping from the corner of her mouth.

Both of them seemed to have had a cruel fight.

"What happened? "I stood up.

"Non of your business son." They went up the stairs and the servants followed up to help them.

Someone walked into the hall. He looked so familiar from the corner of my eye. I turned around, and froze.

"What do you want. "I glared.