Thirty-Four : The Dungeon

"Slantó!"

I was following the army back to Heavest until Hogs turned around and casted a spell on me. I wasn't aware of what's happening as soon as the spell touched me and I fell asleep immediately.

"I've casted the sleep spell, send her to the dungeon but do not hurt her. This is the King's order. "Hogs said.

I was sent to a dark room. And I couldn't remember what happened next.

Max's POV

I thought I was going to die, very soon.

But the thought of dying stopped when Joe came in the room.

As usual, he would leave some food, but I wouldn't touch it.

"Your Highness, you have to eat some. "He said, giving me a sour look.

I looked at him restlessly.

"Your Highness," He knelt down and leaned closer, "Violet was caught. She's at the dungeon. "He low-whispered.

My eyes widened in a second.

I used all the strength left in my body to reach him but my skin touches the locks and I instantly got electrified. "Agh!"

"Your highness! "He held me when I fell. "How are you?? "

"How? How come? Since when? " I had so many questions in my head. "Tell me! "

"I only know that she gave herself to Professor Hogs. Everyone was shocked too. "He said cautiously in a lower tone.

"Hogs? "I hissed. "Joe! Tell me how is she right now? "

"She's fine, your highness, but she was on a sleep spell, couldn't awake. "He said softly. "Don't have to worry, the King's order that no one could hurt her. As much as they hate her, they still need her to enter the Hovles Tower, don't you remember? She'll be fine. "Joe reassured.

I nodded in agreement. He was right. I looked down at the food and I began to eat it. I knew something now, I should eat, I needed to be alright, I had to save her. A tear escaped from my eye, but it's a hope that delivered to me, I must live.

Joe finally smiled neutrally as he saw me started to eat. He held the plate up and tried to feed me, "It's difficult for you to move as the locks are electrified. I could help. "

I looked at Joe, feeling grateful. I couldn't describe how awful was I right now but my mind was filled with the thought of meeting Violet again. I smiled. For once I was being myself, I made my choice, I took the responsibility for someone I cared.

"Joe, "I called out to him as he was cleaning up and decided to leave.

"Yes, Your Highness?" He asked.

"Keep an eye on her, Victoria wasn't easy. She would ignore Michael's order. "I spoke.

He nodded, "Sure. "

—————————————————

Violet's POV

I saw myself.

Lying on the ground.

Everywhere was dark and creepy.

I could hear water droplets dropping off somewhere onto the ground. The sound was constant and it's terrifying me.

I tried to figure out what was going on, but suddenly the dungeon door was unlocked with the sound of chains. A man came in with a wooden tray.

I moved my legs, from the corner to the man's side.