Ten: Sleepless Town

The car slowly drove up the hill and came to a rock made signboard written 'Heavest Hill'.

The words were carved by the people, probably. We passed by the signboard and came to a town. A busy and crowded town. Right, I almost forgotten, I was at the place where Wolves belonged. Wolves loved night, really. I didn't dare to peak outside as we drove into the town. I knew the wolves like man would definitely frighten me.

Although there were a few times some Wolves looked at me from the outside, I wasn't sure if they really saw me, but their sly and sharp yellow eyes really were frightening.

I ordered Pete to drive faster but it was useless as the busy town were crowded and hard to drive fast. "No worries, master, as long as I'm here with you, they wouldn't dare to come near. "

I sighed, feeling a bit relieved and secured yet didn't feel safe. "This is surely the so called 'sleepless town'."

"Hahah, Wolves, master, you know, they are active during nighttime to haunt for food. " Pete tried to distract me.

"Oh I know, sigh. " I felt disgusted when I saw one of the Wolves were eating a roasted chicken outside a restaurant and dipping it into a huge bowl of bloody red liquid and inserting it into their mouths.

I couldn't but the first thing came into my mind was the bowl of red liquid was actually chicken's blood. I almost puked when my mind came to think about it. I shook my head to stop myself from thinking about it.

Finally we drove out of the town and came to another sign board written 'Heavest Royals'.

I could see the huge mansion located on the hill not far away. It looked creepy and I guessed this must be the road to Michael's place.

Along the road, under the tall trees, there were also small roads branched to other Royals' Houses.

We came to the end of the road which was our destination. "This is the place? " I asked Pete.

"Yes, " He pointed at the huge rock which had words on it, 'The Southe'.

Pete tried to drive in but we're stopped by two big Wolves with sharp teeth and paws at the huge gate of entrance. They were wearing like the guards in the castle, with black shiny riffles in their hands.

"Who are y'all humans?? " One of them peaked in the car and stared deadly at pete.

A second later, his expression slowly changed. His brows weren't that tight and he moved backwards from the car.

"What? " The other one asked him. "You're afraid of humans? Get it shot! No humans are allowed at this heaven. "

He pushed him aside and held the riffle tight while walking towards us.

"He's a wolf! " the other one said, "He had yellow eyes so move backwards. "

"So what? " He got frustrated, showing his gritting teeth.

"Are you the one King Michael said you're sending a girl here? " He lowered his head to the same point of where Pete's head was at.

Pete nodded coolly, without speaking a word.

"Say the name. " He said. His voice was a bit shaky.

"Victoria Goth." Pete answered coldly.

"Great. Sorry for the attitude just now, you may go in. " He quickly moved backwards and opened the huge gate.

Pete shook his head and drove in to the mansion.

Right infront of the grand big rocky doors, with two fire light lamps hanging on both sides, the mansion looked creepy and scary. It was like the haunted castle.