Thirty-Three : Hogs and Gobs

8 in the morning.

I was confused.

But I shook my head, shaking the thought away.

It couldn't be.

I thought I liked Max, I cared for him, but it turned out that when I was looking at Dan and Em, having a great time in the kitchen, my heart fell.

I put down my book on the table, cupping both of my cheeks and sighed. I really took Dan as my brother, but my heart denied. I remembered the first time we met, in the school hallway, his dark green eyes met my teal blue eyes. I smiled at the thought of our first sight. The time we spent together at the Greens. The stupid conversations we both had, from cold to hot, and how we ended by walking away after arguments.

Dan had been there when I felt danger. He had been always wanted me to feel alright. He wanted me to be safe.

But I was the one brought problems between Luna and Dan, making them worried.

I stared into the air. Once again, my mind flew far.

Knock.

Knock knock.

Til I realized someone was knocking on the door, I quickly responded. "Who? "

"Vio—"Emily appeared at the doorway.

"Oh, Em, it's you. Come in. "I put a smile.

She walked nervously towards me and sat down beside me.

"Good morning. "I spoke, glancing her.
"Violet, you know I wasn't here just to greet, I was here to talk about—"She said, looking at her feet.

"Dan. "She looked at me with her big brown eyes as soon as I cut her words. "Dan, right? "

"Yes, about Daniel. "She nodded.

"You don't have to be apologetic for anything, it was mainly his fault and I bet Luna was just, a bit," I looked up to the door and to her, whispering, "Overreacted."

"Are you sure? "Her brows squeezed.

"I guess so. You aren't a danger like they said, don't feel down. "I held her hands, her palms were a bit sweaty.

"I just want to spend some time with an old friend. "She bit her lip. "I never knew it would turn out like that. "

"Hey, "I held her arms, "It's okay. "

She wiped a tear that rolled down her cheek and quickly nodded with her signature smile. "What are you reading? "She asked.

"The Forest Spells. "I answered. "I needed Mr Grinfield so bad. "

"Oh the wizard at the Greens? Yeah, he was a master of the plants spells. May I read that too? "She said, looking at me with her big brown eyes eagerly.

"Sure, go ahead. "I smiled.

There were no doubts that Emily would want to read it, she was interested in all kinds of plants spells, she loved the nature a lot. Her very first money plant that grew extraordinarily great was already a good prove.

I didn't know if she could understand what's in the book, only well-trained witches might understand and learned up the spells.

I had already having a hard time to read it, but if it wasn't Gobin, I wouldn't have learned all that. But for Emily, I guess leaving her here with me was still a better decision than letting her walking around the palace and catches Luna's attention.

"Violet! "The door swung opened and Dan was standing at the doorway nervously.

Both of us looked at him, frowning.