"Zoe you know there's therapy and medication-"

"I don't want that." Zoe whispered. Evan brushed a piece of hair out of her face and she looked up at him.

"Why would you want to do this to yourself?" Evan whispered to her. 

"I hate high school, I'm pretty sure my parents hate me, and I just wake up and I look in the mirror and I wonder what the point is. If anyone would miss me if I left." Zoe said softy.

"Do you know how much I would miss you? Zoe, I love you. If you left I'd be destroyed." Evan whispered.

"I love you too." She whispered. Evan gently kissed her and she sat in his arms in silence.

+++

"Okay Zo! I brought take out and - oh my God." Evan dropped the Chinese takeout when he saw Zoe. She was leaning against her wall, blood dripping down her wrists.

"No no no!" Evan yelled. He ran towards her and dropped beside her. Zoe's eyes slowly opened.

"Zoe!" Evan whispered. He grabbed two towels and pressed them to her arms.

"N-No. L-Leave it." Zoe said drowsily. Her eyes felt heavy and Evan kept fading in and out of her vision.

"T-Tell my p-parents and C-Connor. I l-love them." Zoe stuttered.

"I won't have to because you're not dying." Evan said through tears.

"I l-love you. So so m-much." Zoe said. Her eyes slowly shut and Evan pulled out his phone before dialling 911.

"911 what's your-"

"My girlfriend just cut her wrists. I need an ambulance." Evan said quickly

"Okay we're sending an ambulance now." The dispatcher said.

"The front door is unlocked." Evan said.

"Okay. We're going to stay on the line with you." The dispatcher said. Evan put the phone on speaker and placed it on her dresser. He focused on limiting the amount of blood Zoe lost. Someone walked through the front door and Evan heard footsteps up the stairs. A paramedic walked into the room and put Zoe on a gurney.

"Does she have any allergies or is she on any medications?" The paramedic asked. Evan looked at Zoe.

"Um, she's allergic to penicillin and she takes anti anxiety meds. But I think that's it." Evan said. The paramedic nodded and turned to his partner. Evan pulled out his phone and dialled Connor's number.

"Evan?" Connor asked.

"Connor."

"What-"

"It's Zoe. She cut herself. It's bad. I've called 911 and we're just leaving to go to the hospital." Evan said. He heard Connor sigh and then something that sounded like a muffled sob.

"O-Okay. Which hospital?" Connor said.

"The nearest one. I mean, Zoe is under 18 so I think the Children's Hospital. So Vic's." Evan said.

"Can you ask the paramedic?" Connor asked.

"Yeah. Give me a sec." Evan turned to the paramedic in the back of the ambulance with him.

"Which hospital are we going to?" Evan asked.

"Victoria." The paramedic said. She was about 45 years old and she had dark skin and her black hair was pulled into a messy knot at the back of her head.

"Connor we're going to-"

"Victoria?" Connor asked.

"Yeah. You should call your mom and dad. They'll want to know what happened." Evan said.