73 - Sleepytime Tea

By the time they reached the kitchen, Mitch's eyes were dry and he had a tiny smile on his face. Scott gently set the boy down on the kitchen counter and took a step back to look into his eyes, searching them for any lingering traces of tears.

"I'm glad you're here."

The brunette was the first to break the silence, a shy smile on his face. Scott smiled back, then wrapped Mitch in a hug.

"I'm glad that I am, too. I just want to take care of you."

Scott pulled away to press a kiss on Mitch's forehead. Then he turned to the coffee maker. "Does this thing make tea?" He asked, trying to lighten the mood a little. Sure enough, Mitch's sweet giggle sounded and Scott mentally patt himself on the back.

"Yeah, it does," Mitch replied quietly, voice still hoarse from crying.

Scott smiled. "Perfect. Two cups of tea, coming right up."

He pulled out Mitch's favourite mug, picking a light pink one for himself, then waited for the water to boil. He could feel Mitch's eyes on his back and turned to face him, smile on his face.

"How are you feeling?" He wondered, watching as Mitch ducked his head slightly to look at his flat chest. "Alright. Only hurts a little."

Scott nodded. "Good. I'll get you your meds if you want." Mitch thought for a moment, then shook his head. "I can wait until morning," he explained at Scott's questioning look. Mitch's heart skipped a beat at how domestic it all was, realizing that this would be what life with Scott was like. He'd get to experience this everyday starting next week, when he moves, and Mitch couldn't wait.

Then the water began to boil, distracting Mitch from his thoughts and causing Scott to quickly shut it off. He chuckled, pouring some into their mugs. "Okay baby," he said while ripping open a package of tea. The side read 'Sleepytime Tea', Mitch realized and he let out a soft giggle.

"What's so funny over there?" The blonde teased, putting a tea bag into each mug. "Oh nothing. I just think it's sweet that you're trying to help me sleep better after I had a bad dream. It's really nice of you."

Scott shrugged. "I'd do literally anything for you, which I'm sure I've said before," he raised an eyebrow at Mitch jokingly and the brunette grinned, sadness mostly forgotten for now.

"No, I don't think so," Mitch played along, making an exaggerated thinking face. Scott laughed, Mitch joining in a moment later. Scott finished making the tea when he'd finally calmed down enough, and handed Mitch his mug.

"Thanks," Mitch smiled, taking a careful sip from his tea, even though it was way too hot to drink. Then he paused, cup half raised to his mouth, and Scott frowned worriedly at him. "Is everything okay?" He asked, wrapping both hands around his light pink mug.

Mitch nodded. "Yeah, I just... I want to talk about it. My nightmare. Is that okay?" Scott couldn't think of anything that would upset Mitch so much and nodded his head speechlessly. "Of course Mitchy," he answered. Mitch took a deep breath.

"Just... let me finish my tea first." Scott nodded, then smiled. "And, I believe I promised you cuddles?" He flirted. "Yeah, that would be nice," Mitch giggled, reaching his free hand out towards Scott.

GUYS! WOW 10K READS!!! THAT'S AMAZING! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT ON THIS BOOK! IT REALLY MEANS A LOT TO ME.

So, sorry for the slower updates! I've been working on this for a while now and I just finished it.

Next chapter is where we finally get some answers about that messed up dream Mitch had. Comment your predictions!!!

Again, thank you all for 10k reads and supporting this book!