40 - Sing

They finished the song and Mitch immediately panted for breath. Scott gently pushed an opened water bottle into his empty hands and he gratefully accepted it, gulping it down.

All five of them were happy with their performance and excitement filled the room. The most surprising part was how well Mitch could sing. Nobody had expected him to be that good, despite thinking he would a decent singer, and wow, he sounded amazing. Especially when singing with the band.

Scott was amazed, staring adoringly at his boyfriend. "You're something else Mitchy," he whispered, leaning closer to Mitch so that their words were only between them. "I'm so proud to call you my boyfriend."

Mitch blushed and squeaked, catching the attention of Kirstie, who was now sitting closest to them. "What happened?" She asked and Scott laughed. "Nothing, nothing. I'm just complimenting my boyfriend."

The group chatted for a while about various things before the topic went back to music. "Can we watch the recording?" Mitch asked curiously. He was very interested to see how the final product had turned out. Kevin nodded and somehow set the video up on Scott's TV.

They all stared intently at the screen as the video started and Mitch gasped quietly when he saw himself. In the video, he sat pressed closely up against Scott, with their hands interlocked on Mitch's thigh. His big brown eyes were mostly closed as he sang, losing himself in the music.

Next to him, Video Scott was watching Video Mitch, smiling as he sang. There were crinkles by his eyes and Kirstie called out "Heart-Eyes Hoying is definitely making an appearance in this!" We laughed as the video kept playing. Mitch took in the body language of them all as they sang in the video and was surprised to see just how comfortable he was with these people.

"Wow," Avi said when it was done. "That was even better in real life but damn Mitch, you can sing!" Mitch blushed and thanked him. "I'll be right back. I have a few calls I need to make," Avi continued, giving Scott a look over Mitch's shoulder. Scott nodded very slightly so that Mitch wouldn't feel it and Avi left the room.