21 - Nice

"I want to do something nice for Mitch and I need your help." Scott had invited Kirstie over to his house so that she could help him get ready for his date tonight. Her raised eyebrow was implying to him that she wanted details so Scott hurried to explain.

"He likes to wear dresses and makeup but he's kinda insecure about it. Mitch wears them even though he used to get made fun of and people still make dirty comments. So I thought it would be nice to show him that it's okay to be a little different."

Kirstie smiled and nodded approvingly. "That's really sweet of you Scotty, of course I'll help. Aw, I'm so proud of you! What do you have in mind?"

"Do you have any dresses that I can borrow?" Scott wished he wasn't as excited about this as he is but had decided that if Mitch can wear dresses all the time and face relentless bullying, then Scott can do it too. He would do anything for Mitch and he wanted to show his endless support for the petite boy.

Kirstie's laughter pulled him out of his thoughts and he frowned in confusion. "Yeah but you're literally a beanpole and I'm not even as tall as your shoulders. None of my dresses are going to fit you." Scott sighed, "I didn't think of that."

After thinking for a moment, Kirstie had an idea. "Well let's go shopping then!" At Scott's nod, she pulled him out the door and to the mall.