32 - Sleepy

Scott: hey mitchy, are you busy tonight?

Mitch grinned sleepily at his phone. He had just woken up a few minutes ago when his phone buzzed and Mitch would have been mad if it was a text from anyone else. But it was Scott and Mitch could never be mad at him.

Mitch: hi! i don't think so, why?

Mitch rubbed his eyes and sent the message, slowly getting out of bed. It was almost noon and Mitch really wasn't surprised when his stomach grumbled. He chuckled and went to go find food, making sure to bring his phone with him.

"Oh, you're awake!" Mike grinned when Mitch walked into the kitchen. He looked up from the newspaper he was reading to watch as Mitch made a bowl of cereal. "Morning dad," Mitch mumbled with a smile. He still looked like he was sleeping and Mike rolled his eyes. Mitch had always liked his sleep.

"Sleep well?" Mitch's dad asked as Mitch sat down across from him. "Mhm," he answered around a mouthful of food. "Scott texted and woke me up." Mike laughed. "What did he say?"

Mitch's eyes lit up when talking about his boyfriend and it didn't go unnoticed by his dad. "Asked me if I'm busy tonight," Mitch replied, a grin creeping onto his face. "I told him I didn't think so and asked him why." They were silent for a moment, the sound of Mitch quietly chewing his cereal and the crinkle of the newspaper all that was heard.

Mike was proud of his son for many reasons. He was proud that Mitch wasn't afraid to be himself and that he wasn't afraid to follow his heart. Mitch's heart was pure gold, Mike and Nel had agreed, and they would make sure it never got broken. From what he'd heard, Scott sounded like a perfect match for his son and Mike was looking forward to meeting him someday. "What did he say?" Mike prompted after a minute.

Mitch shrugged. "I haven't checked." Mike shook his head and rolled his eyes from behind the paper, which he then put down on the table. "Well? Are you going to?" Mitch giggled. "Oh yeah, I guess I should."

Scott: wanna come over tonight? I have some people I want to introduce you to, if that's ok

"He's so sweet," Mitch grinned after reading out the text. "You really like this boy," Mike said. "Are you going to go?" Mitch nodded in excitement. "I really do and I think I'll go. I mean, it can't be that bad."

Mitch: yeah sure! What time works? I just woke up a little while ago so I'd have to get ready first lol

Scott: come over when your done :) I can't wait to see you!