38 - Always

They were all sitting in the living room like before, but they weren't gossiping and eating now. "Which song should we do?" Kirstie asked, looking around at everyone. Mitch looked at the band too, but when nobody suggested anything good for a few minutes, he decided to give it a try. "We could sing 'Let It Go' from Frozen?"

Mitch knew that was probably a stupid idea but Scott's instant grin made him feel a lot better. "I love that song Mitch!" Kirstie exclaimed, cutting off whatever Scott had opened his mouth to say.

They laughed at her obvious excitement and Avi shrugged. "We know," Kevin replied and Kirstie swatted playfully at him but missed completely with a giggle. "Let's do it." Avi agreed and Mitch beamed.

"Really? I know it's summer and all but I thought it would be fun and-' Mitch rambled on, nervous about singing with his favourite band - the best band, in his opinion. Mitch didn't think he was good enough and Scott could tell right away but held his hand and smiled at him. "It's a great idea babe," he said comforting. "You're gonna be great."

Mitch nodded, more to try and convince himself than anything else. "Okay," he said, then looked up at his boyfriend, lowering his voice. "Thank you."

Mitch could see what Scott had been doing; trying to make him feel better and calm his nerves, and Mitch greatly appreciated it. There were very few people he knew who would do that for him. Scott blushed, so light that it wasn't noticeable unless you were looking for it. "Always."