39 - Record

The group decided that Mitch and Kirstie would sing the lead parts, even though Mitch protested profusely. Scott finally convinced him and assured that it would be okay. Mitch believed him; Scott had never lied to him before and why would he start now?

After looking up the lyrics and figuring out the general sound, Avi blushed lightly and introduced a new idea. "I think we should record it," he said, eyes darting quickly across everyone's faces, trying to read their responses. Mitch wanted to say no way, but he actually wasn't that opposed to the idea. Kirstie agreed and so did Kevin but Mitch and Scott still hadn't said anything.

Scott looked to Mitch with a curious expression. He didn't know if his boyfriend would be comfortable with that and didn't really feel like testing his boundaries yet. But to his surprise, Mitch was smiling and there was a new sparkle in his eyes.

Mitch grinned up at Scott and leaned in, pressing a quick kiss to the blonde's cheek. "I'm okay with it," he announced after he'd pulled away, looking directly at Avi.

Scott glanced between the group and nodded. "Yeah, sounds good. As long as you're fine with that Mitchy, I don't mind." Mitch giggled and buried his face in Scott's arm. "You're sweet," he smiled but it came out muffled. Scott laughed and told Mitch that he was too.

"So, if it all goes well, maybe we can discuss posting this video on YouTube or something?" Kevin said, breaking their moment. It was phrased more like a question than a statement and they all found themselves nodding. Even Mitch, who was very self-concious, was surprisingly okay with all of this. Scott beamed around the room, enjoying having his best friends and boyfriend all hanging out and having fun. "Sounds good. Now, let's do this!"