45 - Decision

It was a few weeks later when Mitch called Scott with a decision. "Can you come over?" He asked, pacing around his bedroom nervously. "Of course," replied Scott. "Is everything okay? You sound a bit stressed."

Mitch sighed. Was everything okay? "Yeah... just come over please and we can talk." It took a moment before Scott answered him and Mitch felt bad when he did. "Did I do something wrong?" Scott mumbled quietly and Mitch frowned. He hadn't meant to make Scott think like that. "No, not at all! I'm so sorry, I have been a little stressed out lately, but I have some news to tell you. And I'd much rather do it in person."

His news could be anything and, while Mitch knew that there were better ways to put it, he didn't want to tell Scott just yet. "Okay, yeah I'll be there soon. Bye babe," Scott answered and Mitch said "bye" before hanging up. He sighed, throwing his phone down on his bed and laying down beside it dramatically.

"I don't know if I can do this," he said aloud and his stomach turned at the thought. Mitch had thought hard about being famous, being part of his favourite band, and wasn't sure if his choice was the best one. His parents had told him to do whatever made him happiest but he didn't know what would make him the happiest.

He did, however, have a really good idea of what might make him happy. And that was Scott. But, that was not a surprise to Mitch and it didn't help him make his decision. This was all up to him and he was afraid to make the wrong choice.

On the one hand, if he said yes and became a member of Quadritonix, or to be re-named "Pentatonix", that could put a lot of stress on Mitch and strain on his relationship with Scott. But Scott was the most important thing to him and he just couldn't stand the thought of losing him.

If he said yes, would the band be as successful with him in it? Or would people hate it with a five part harmony? Would the fans and media ruin his relationship? What if he couldn't take the pressure of touring and singing in front of people? But what if it was thrilling and enjoyable? Mitch wouldn't know if he didn't give it a chance, but he wasn't sure that he was willing to.

He could think of a million pros and cons of saying yes and the same went for saying no. If he turned away the deal, what if Scott didn't want him anymore? But what if he did and everyone was happy? Would things change for Mitch, and would they be good changes? Or bad ones? Mitch didn't have any of the answers he needed and he was freaking out because of it.

So he needed to talk to Scott, not that he minded of course. Mitch had come up with a decision but would like the answers to some of his questions before he tells anyone what his final choice is. He wasn't sure how Scott would take it - would be happy? Excited? Sad? Disappointed? - but he had to stay true to himself and do what he thought was best.

Hey guys, it's been a while! I'm sorry it took me so long to figure out this chapter but here it is!! I hope you all liked it.

What do you think Mitch will chose? Will he join the band? Or will he say no? I'm curious to see what you guys think!

(Edit: sorry I'm not replying to the comments! I see you all, don't worry, I just don't want to give anything away!!!)

Anyway, that's it for now... the next chapter will hopefully be up soon so stay tuned :)