The Dreamscape

Dreaming Out Loud

Chapter 1: The Dreamscape

The magic whipped around them violently and had torn the roof of the castle off. She held Charming in her arms, as he barely clung to life and sobbed. Their daughter was gone...safe from the curse, but she was heartbroken at losing her. And the possibility of losing Charming further broke her, but she supposed that was her step-mother's purpose in all this.

Snow regretted letting herself being manipulated into telling Regina's secret to Cora, but she had just been a girl; a naive young girl that was terrified that Regina might lose her mother if she didn't tell. At that point in Snow's life, losing her mother had been the worst thing that had ever happened to her.

Now she had lost her daughter and was on the brink of losing her husband. She had never imagined as a little girl that life could give so much joy and take it away just as fast. She caressed her husband's cheek and silently begged him to open his blue eyes, those blue eyes she loved to get lost in.

"Oh...don't worry dear. Soon, you won't even remember him," Regina cooed, as she loomed over her nemesis.

"Where are we going?" Snow cried, as the dark magic whipped around them.

"A horrible place...where the only happy ending...will be mine," Regina hissed. Snow's vision went black, as the magic swallowed them up.

The Underworld

Persephone, Goddess of the Underworld, stared into her viewing pond, as she watched the Dark Curse rip through the land and swallow the people up.

"Snow..." she uttered brokenly, as she disappeared from her sight.

"She's gone..." Hades goaded. Persephone glared at her husband.

"This new land they're going to...you won't be able to see her. There's no magic there," he said, enjoying her misery. She ran at him, fists balled, but he caught her wrists, before she could hit him.

"You did this! It's your fault!" she screamed.

"No, my dear. The Evil Queen cast this curse. Believe me, it's a loss for me too. I so enjoyed all the bodies the Queen dropped for me. She's kept us in business," he joked.

"I hate you..." she spat and he caught her beautiful, tearstained face, as he stared into her emerald eyes.

"This is what your treachery gets you, my love. You betrayed me and you know the old saying. You reap what you sow," he hissed and she cringed, as he brushed his hand through her silky raven tresses. He finally released her and she tore away from him, as she knelt down, gazing into the river of lost souls, her eyes searching for the love that had been lost to her so long ago...

____________________________________________________________________________________

When Snow awoke, she found herself in a long white gown, raven hair cascading down her back in curls. She looked beside her and saw her husband asleep beside her. While that was familiar to her, the room was not. It was beautifully decorated, including the large plush bed they were laying on. She tried to recall her last memory and gasped. The curse. She shook Charming awake and she smiled brightly, as he responded this time. The last time he was in her arms, he was bleeding to death.

"Snow?" he asked.

"Oh Charming..." she cried, as she fell into his arms.

"My darling...what is it?" he asked.

"The last time you were in my arms, you were dying. You had put Emma in the wardrobe," Snow replied. He remembered.

"Then...is this the curse?" he asked.