Shadows of the Past

Chapter 79: Shadows of the Past

Kevin growled, as he dabbed the blood away from his lip, while looking in the mirror in their room at the Inn.

"Damn them..." he hissed, as he looked back at her.

"You think yours is bad...look at what that little bitch did to my eye!" Jessica complained, as she was sporting a really good shiner, thanks to Snow White's right hook. Kevin's phone chimed and he smirked.

"Don't worry...we're about to get our retribution and make them both pay. He's here," Kevin said. She smirked.

"Then let's go meet him and then we can enjoy their pain this time. And Emma's," she replied, as she paused for a moment.

"What is it?" he asked.

"Well, most would think me to be a complete monster for what I'm thinking right now..." she mentioned. He scoffed.

"Yeah...well, they made us this way and we both know we're well past caring about that," he replied.

"What if there was a way we could still have that family we've always wanted?" she questioned, as she put her hand on his and he looked at her in confusion.

"How do you figure we can have that?" he asked.

"Think about it...if we succeed in locking Emma's parents up, Snow White won't be able to keep the baby. It will go into the system...unless we take it," she replied. He was silent for a moment.

"What if that child is like Emma though?" he asked. She opened the drawer and took out a black cuff and held it up to him.

"If we had one of these when Emma was a child...and knew what she was, we could have tamed her," she reminded. He smirked and took the cuff.

"Can you imagine the looks on their faces when they watch us take the brat from them?" he asked and she smirked deviously.

"I'm relishing the image," she agreed.

"The problem is actually getting it done though. We're facing a lot of magic," he reminded.

"And we brought plenty of ways to deal with it. We just need to get past their security and free Madam Circe," she said, as they felt a rumbling beneath their feet.

"What the hell was that?" she asked, as they looked out the window and saw a sprawling palace now overlooking the town where there had once been forest.

"What the hell..." he uttered.

"This town...it's crazy," she said.

"Then it's time that the world knows about it," he replied, as they prepared to go meet their reporter friend, who had just arrived in Storybrooke...

"Yes...I'm here, because I was murdered," he stated. Snow reached over and squeezed David's hand, as they prepared to hear his story. David remembered that morning, the last morning he had ever seen his father.

"When you come back...you'll be better? Do you promise?" he recalled himself asking his father at the tender age of six.

"I promise, David...when I come back, things will be better. I will be better," his father had promised. But as he always had, he broke his promise and that was the last time he and his mother had ever seen him. The bottle was more important to him than they were. At least, that's what he had believed all his life. He had lived with that anger and sadness his entire life. He had carried it with him and it had even made him question himself when he found out he was going to be a father. He had doubted himself, because of this man standing before him. He feared failing his child the way Robert had failed him. Sometimes he still felt like he had failed Emma, though both she and Snow would absolutely protest that.