Somebody That I Used to Know

Chapter 78: Somebody That I Used to Know

Snow swallowed thickly and felt Charming's arms tighten around her. She shuddered and welcomed his hold, as she huddled against him. He looked at her and lifted her chin so their eyes met.

"No matter what happens, my love...I will keep you and our baby safe," he promised, as he kissed her passionately. Their lips parted and he pressed his forehead against hers, keeping their eyes locked.

The boat docked and the hooded figures stood before them, all once dead and now alive again, thanks to the glowing crystal that was mounted on the sickle in the hand of the central figure, who was emanating a great deal of dark magic.

"Well...isn't this quite the welcoming committee," the man said, as his hood fell, revealing himself at last.

"All my children have come to greet me," Cronus said, as his hawk-like yellow eyes swept over all the people present.

"And grandchildren and then some, it would seem. I have brought family too," he announced, gesturing grandly with his arms.

"Oh my God..." David uttered.

"Your brother," Snow said, seeing James standing there. He may have looked identical to her husband, but his eyes were much colder.

"And my father..." David added. She looked surprised too and then saw the man behind James. He was a bit haggard looking, but she could definitely see the resemblance.

"I have brought with me those that were taken from life too soon...that were murdered! I have given them a second chance in exchange for their loyalty to me," Cronus announced.

"I see...much fear among you all and I'm sure my sons would have you believe that I am here to destroy. But nothing could be further from the truth!" he claimed.

"Lies..." Hades hissed.

"I am here to return peace to the mortal realm. The Golden age when I ruled before was peaceful and prosperous and I only seek to return us to a time like this. There is no need for warring or bloodshed," he claimed.

"If we swear loyalty to you, right?" Persephone countered. He smirked.

"Only if you are willing, dear Persephone. I will prove I am a fair and just ruler. I revived only those who were murdered. In time...you will see," he said.

"You revived a monster! A monster that hunted my daughter!" Persephone shouted, glaring at Deimos.

"And I did that on the orders of Hades. Cronus is my Lord now," the God of Terror countered with a smug smirk.

"I have given Deimos a second chance to be better. After all, Hades has been given this chance, has he not?" Cronus questioned her.

"I would be foolish to displease the great Cronus. You have nothing to fear anymore from me, dear Snow," Deimos said smugly.

"They just took a page from your playbook. They know we won't fight unless they start it," Gold muttered.

"Persephone..." a voice called, as Eli stepped from the fog. Snow watched a myriad of emotions fill her mother's features.

"Eli..." she uttered tearfully and Hades felt a stab of jealousy rear its head. It hurt this time as much as it had then...but he wouldn't lash out this time. He knew that is exactly what they wanted and so he stepped back to allow them a proper reunion, even though it was making his insides twist in agony.

"Ah...a love torn apart that has been reunited," Cronus said, as he looked at Hades and the latter knew his father was enjoying his pain.

"Your loyalty has been rewarded at last, my charge," he added.