The Summons, Pt 2

Chapter 110: The Summons, Pt. 2

"It can't be..." Eli uttered, as he stared at the person that had interrupted.

"But she's dead..." Snow said.

"Apparently not," Hades replied, as Queen Ravenna strolled into the castle, her beautiful face marred with an evil smirk.

"Sorry I'm late..." she announced, as shock rippled through the entire chamber. Eli gave the baby back to Snow, as he stepped forward.

"You're not welcome here!" Eli stated firmly.

"Well, hello to you too, husband," Ravenna purred, as she strolled toward them.

"That's far enough," Persephone warned.

"At ease Persephone...I'm not here to hurt anyone. I'm here to celebrate this happy occasion," Ravenna countered.

"Seriously lady...you get near my parents and I'll fry you," Emma warned. The Queen smirked.

"Such a spitfire...just like your mother. Hello Snow," Ravenna said, as she directed her attention to her pseudo step-daughter.

"What do you want?" Eli snapped.

"You called the heads of state together so here I am," she responded.

"Your brother Dalben took the Throne when we locked up Arawn," Eli reminded and she smirked.

"Unfortunately, Dalben had a very bad accident and now it falls to me to rule my Kingdom," she informed them.

"An accident...I'm sure," David commented, as his eyes were barely slits as he looked at the woman who had tormented his wife in her alternate childhood. Ravenna smirked.

"I see that no matter what the circumstances...you still found your Prince Charming. Such a spell you weave over people, but I guess that's why they call you the fairest of them all," she said, clearly still jealous of her pseudo step-daughter.

"Look lady...you weren't a part of our lives before and we're going do our best to erase you from our lives now. If I were you...I'd move off to the side and shut the hell up," Emma snapped. Ravenna scoffed.

"So uncouth...you should really give some Princess lessons to your daughter, Snow. Remember our lessons?" Ravenna cooed and Snow shivered. She remembered. She remembered all too clearly. She remembered Ravenna berating her for getting dirty in the gardens and calling her a little freak for talking to birds and animals. She remembered her nails digging into her arm when she would drag her inside. She was positive that she would have done worse if not for her fear of Persephone and Hades. And her father always incited a fight with his wife when it came to her treatment.

"I remember...and I'm never letting you near either of my children," Snow growled. She put a hand to her chest and there was mock hurt on her face.

"Oh, you wound me so, Snow...those are my step-grandchildren, after all," she mused.

"They are nothing to you, because we are no longer married," Eli snapped.

"Lucky for you since my death invalidated our marriage, but unlucky for you, because I assure you that you'll regret casting me out. But congratulations Regina...it seems that between the two of us, Snow has decided I'm the more evil step-mother," Ravenna remarked.

"Well, we both earned the Evil moniker. I'm just choosing to not embrace it anymore. You can have it, but I don't recommend it, lest you wish to find yourself alone and in ruin," Regina advised. Ravenna smirked.

"I'll take my chances..." she hissed, as she looked back at Eli.

"Last chance Eli...I encourage you to make me your Queen again. Things weren't always so bad between us and they can be good now that you're not carrying a torch for Persephone anymore," she said.