Tiny

Chapter 54: Tiny

Tiny wandered the woods, knowing nothing of where he was now. The witch and the pirate had captured him and brought him aboard a vessel. Somehow, they had made the last bean useable again and they had gone through a portal.

The next thing he knew, the pirate was awakening him and forcing him off the ship to wander this strange place. He had taken to the woods out of fear and curiously had found a mushroom in his pocket. He hated the humans that had done this to him...he hated them all. Perhaps if he used it...he could make them all pay or make them send him home. But he refrained for now and attempted to find food to satiate his hunger. Then he would decide what to do about the humans, for he would never trust them again. They had destroyed his life and he would destroy them for it...

Snow put her arms around her husband from behind that morning, as he stood at the griddle, making them pancakes. He had become quite the cook once he learned how modern appliances worked and how much easier cooking actually was in this realm. Charming's mother had taught him much about cooking and he actually enjoyed cooking for his family immensely.

"I smell cinnamon..." she mentioned.

"That's because I put it in your pancakes," he replied, as he kissed her nose and then fed her a bite.

"Mmm...best pancakes ever," she complimented, as she chewed and then kissed him tenderly.

"I'm a little surprised you're not at the station already though," she mentioned. He shrugged.

"Leroy and Happy are running morning patrol for me and things are quiet. So I thought I'd make breakfast for my beautiful wife, the Mayor, before she leaves for the day," he mentioned.

"Remind me to thank them...because there is nothing I need more than quiet mornings at home with my husband," she purred, as they kissed again.

"I love you..." he told her, as their lips parted. She smiled.

"And I love you," she replied, as they heard a knock at the door, just as Persephone was coming down the stairs.

"Oh Johanna...please come in," Snow said, as the woman did so with a kind smile.

"I hope you don't mind...I've been baking again and I have more bread than I'll ever eat. I thought you and David might enjoy some," she said.

"Thank you...would you like to join us for breakfast?" Snow asked.

"Oh no, thank you dear, but I can't stay. I just wanted to see how you were doing though. I was so happy when the town made the right choice for you to lead us as Mayor," she replied, as her eyes met Persephone's. Snow looked down shyly.

"I just hope I can live up to the faith they've put in me," the raven haired beauty mentioned.

"You will sweetheart..." Persephone interjected. David watched the scene with trepidation, for the way Johanna and Persephone were circling his wife was like watching two mama bears quarreling over whose cub she was.

"Yes...the Goddess is right about that. You will be a wonderful Mayor. I'm so proud of you, my little Snow," Johanna said, as she cupped the young woman's face.

"She is not your Snow," Persephone snapped.

"Mother..." Snow chided.

"Oh, it's all right, dear...I expected this. It's only natural for her to be jealous of the bond we have. Jealous of the fact that I was the one to raise you," Johanna responded, as the two women glared at each other.

"Johanna..." Snow scolded lightly. But there was no taming the fierce hatred between these two women.

"Why are you really here, Johanna?" Persephone questioned.