Julie

Disbelief.

That was all that shocked through my tiny-winy brain. That can't be...Dakota is sweet and caring. Sure he's a little rough around the edges, but inside he's gentle. Then there's Raphael... Raphael is nothing but everything bad and terrible in this world.

"Pilla, I'm sorry." Dakota dropped his head. What if Dakota will turn out like Raphael did? No, my Dakota would never do anything like that to me. He wouldn't gain my trust, betray me, then try to rape me.

Dakota isn't Raphael.

"No, you're not sorry." I replied easily. Dakota brought his head up and looked at me confused. "You're not sorry, because you have no reason to be sorry. You can't choose who your family is or what they do, but you do choose what you do. Kota, you haven't given me any reason not to trust you, so I do... with my life."

Dakota's eyes lit up again and he grinned, "I love you so much, Pilla." My stomach flutters each time he says that, I think I'm getting addicted worst than a toddler to juice boxes. Juice boxes are so good! Only problem is that they run out of juice so easily, like where'd you go juice!? Anywho...

"I have a question." Dakota and I say at the same fudgin time. We blinked at each other. "You go first." Dakota offered. "How did you turn out good and Raphael...evil." I shook my head really, really, really confused.

Dakota sighed, "You're not the only one who wants to know. Raphael was always jealous and snide. He was always jealous of me and our younger sister, Julie. He was jealous of me because I would be alpha, and Julie because she got more attention then him. Julie was an innocent and energetic child."

He paused, and I could see tears in his eyes. "One day, we were all playing a game of tag in the woods, and a band of rouges jumped us. The rouges said to keep Julie for ransom and to kill us. Julie wouldn't stop crying for me to save her from the bad puppies, when really the one she had to worry about was her own brother."

Tears were on the rim of his eyes but he continued, "Raphael got angry that she didn't trust him, and attached me in his wolf form. The rouges heard our pack's howls, and quickly left without anyone. Raphael and I were still fighting in wolf form when little, innocent Julie jumped in front Raphael's paws."

A single tear spilled from his eye, but yet, he still continued. "He could've stopped, but he let his claws rake through my poor sister's body without mercy. She dropped to the ground and there was so much blood. So much blood. He just glared at her bleeding out body as I fell on my knees and cradled her little head in my arms. I tried to stop the bleeding, but she was too far gone. My own little sister died in my arms by my brother."

More tears polled out as he remembered that, and I put my hand on his arm to comfort him.

"The pack saw what he did, and they all wanted him to die. They all loved Julie as if she was their own, but my father was too gentle and sentenced him to life as a rouge. He left swearing revenge on anyone I loved."

I felt my own tears prick at my eyes, that's horrible. I knew that Raphael had no feelings, but this is another level. Killing his own flesh and blood sounds like something Raphael would do though.

"Dakota, I'm sorry. Raphael is a backstabbing, bass funk." Dakota met my eyes and chuckled, "You still won't cuss huh? You're too good, Droplet. Now, it's my turn to question. What happened?"

What happened? What happened? What happened was some thing I can't do again.

"This might take awhile. So get comfy and grab a cupcake." I breathed in before I telling my darkest secret.