Beep

Beep, beep, beep.

I slammed my hand on the alarm successfully putting it on snooze. Beep, beep, beep. What the hunger games? I put that dumb alarm on snooze! Beep, beep, beep. What the fudge?!

I slammed where I thought the beeping was coming from: beep, beep, be-Ow! Shooting up, I took another smack at where the 'ow' came from... What? Alarm clocks don't usually make an ow sound when hit at least mine don't.

I tried to run out and find Dakota. Keyword: tried. The blankets wrapped around my legs like the little traitors they are, and I collapsed on the floor. The blankets become even more traitorous when one fell over my eyes, and I just got even more wrapped up.

I could the footsteps of the intruder rush over to me. "Dakota! Dakota! Help! Intruder! Dakota!" I shouted in attempt to save myself. Blankets soon were ripped off my vision and I immediately punched the person in the nose.

"What the fuck?! Droplet, it's me!" Dakota said holding his nose. Oops... Well, he should learn not to sneak up on me. Maybe he just did... Oops again.

"Droplet, how did you learn to punch like that? That took skill." Dakota questioned no longer holding his nose.

"Self defense class." I put simply. His eyes narrowed, "Why?".

Why? I've been asking myself that question ever since that relationship. Why? It's a question I've been asking since I said yes. Why? We might never know.

"Just because. Now why would you wake me up? Hmm? Answer that why." I crossed my arms. He chuckled, "School."

That one word put a rabid raccoon in my mind. Oh no!

I sprinted in the bathroom, brushed my hair and teeth, threw on some of my old clothes, and ran back out to a puzzled Dakota. "What? That literally took you five minutes; I thought girls took at least twenty."

Dumb-dumb.

"Let's go!" I looked at my alarm and it warned that we only have twenty minutes until school started. It takes ten to get there.

"Fine. By the way, Alexia, Matt, Rox, and Justin will meet us there." He said still just standing there. Oh boy.

"Move!" I shouted. Still nothing but a smirk. I seriously don't have time for this. "MOVE!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. Dakota's smirk got eaten by wide eyes and he sprinted out to his truck. Better.

The car ride was silent. A good silent, not an icky silence like awkward. I stared at the trees passing and thought about nothing special, just what a majestic armadillo would actually look like. Would it have sunglasses?

I snapped out of my very important thoughts when we pulled up to the soul sucking pit. Poppy ran to the truck, "Omg! New hottie! We have to see him, please?" She whined. "She's not going to see any guy. She's stays with me." Dakota rumbled.

Uh oh. Nobody denies Poppy a chance to look at a hot guy. She narrowed her eyes. Here we go.

"Who asked you, Mr. Don't-know-my-limits? She gets to choose, and I don't even like her hanging out with the guy that gave her a panic attack. You guys aren't even dating so shut up." She finished crossing her arms. Dakota looked...scared. Yeah, that my friend!

"Fine, but I'm going with her." He mumbled and Poppy squealed and grabbed my hand, pulling me along with Dakota right by my side.

We had to wade through the girls. Desperate much ladies? All we saw from out point was bright orange hair. Orange? Orange... Orange!

I pushed through the crowd, just full on shoving some of them. I got closer and I was able to hear what he was saying. "Really ladies, I'm just looking for someone."

I broke through the circle, and we just stared at each other. "Pillow!" He shouted. "Wacko!" I shouted and ran to him. The girls sighed and left to prowl some other guy.

No, his name isn't really wacko, it's Walker. How do I know him? He was my best friend from childhood until he moved in eighth grade. He always dyed his hair orange, and he was there when the incident happened. He kept me sane.

Walker engulfed me in a hug and a growled ripped through the hall. "Get your hands off her, rouge!"

Uh oh. Dakota...