die for you (trittany)

he did see her. despite of the fact that he didn't admit to it, not even to jordan, who noticed a change in his persona, as they were sitting on that beach chair on the event they were invited to.

he didn't know she would be there too. and she brought her boyfriend. and she looked as beautiful as ever.

and it stung. his heart stung from the mere moment he laid his eyes on her.

she didn't see him, most likely wouldn't even notice him at first, as she was more than occupied with her boyfriend, whatever his name was.

he was still hurt by the fact that she got with someone else so shortly after their break up, considering how they kept talking to each other every day. and considering the fact that she knew how he was feeling about her.

trevor couldn't lie. he still loved her. more than he probably ever will love anyone again. and to see her again, after all this time, on someone else's arm, looking as happy as ever, hurt. it almost broke his heart.

he drank that night. told jordan that he needed some time on his own again. they weren't dating, at least not officially. they had a fling, something more than a friendship, something less than a relationship. they were getting there. or at least it seemed like they were. before trevor saw brittany again. before his whole world started spinning again.

he was sitting in front of the tv, a random episode of rick and morty on it, which trevor watched religiously, despite of the fact that he saw each episode at least five times already, a half empty bottle of whiskey in front of him, a half smoked joint in his hand.

he stopped, ages ago. and he swore to never touch that stuff again, but after seeing her, he needed something to get his mind off of her. but it seemed to make it worse again.

trevor ran his hand over his face, rubbing it temples for a moment, before he leaned his head back and closed his eyes, drifting off to sleep.

"jesus christ." he heard his younger brothers voice from far away. it was probably right next to his ear, but his hangover was bad, really bad. and trevor wished he wouldn't have drank again. "it looks like a battlefield in here, have you been drinking again?" his brother slapped his face lightly, trying to get trevor to open his eyes, which he did,  but instantly groaned.

"come on, lay down." his brother dragged him from the couch, only now making trevor notice how stiff his body was from sleeping on the couch. "you're a wreck again. what the fuck happened." trevor heard his voice right next to his ear, only groaning in response, before he felt the warmth and softness of his own bed.

"sleep it off." was the last thing he heard before he drifted off into a deep slumber again, promising to himself that he would bury the thoughts and feelings all tied to brittany into the back of his mind once again. into the very back of it. as he is aware of the fact that he will never get rid of them. ever.

this is like the second part to the previous chapter wooooow