cut pt. 2 (trittany)

this is the second part of one of the one shots i did a while back (i think it's the one before nothing without you??) and some people wanted part two, so here it goes lmao

"wait, whoa, wait up. you are making a big deal about this because he kissed your cheek?" joelle asked britt, who was sitting across from her, at the small table, in their favorite cafe, both sipping on their caramel lattes.

brittany called her best friend up, just minutes after she got wrapped up for the day and was told that she's allowed to leave for today. ever since the moment between her and trevor took place, in between their takes, she had this weird feeling in her stomach.

she didn't really want to admit it to herself, although a huge part of her already knew.

she liked him. she liked her best friend. and on top of that, she liked him a lot.

britt nodded. "yeah, don't look at me like that." she remarked, as she saw the wide eyed look joelle gave her.

actually, she has always been one of the people, along with some of her other friends, cast mates, and even some of the crew, who would always comment on trevor and brittany and how cute they would be together.

of course, neither one of them gave it much thought, they assumed that they all commented on it due to the whole jiley thing. but now that britt thought about it, other than that, they would have potential. at least if she would give it some rational thought.

"i just don't know what to do.. i don't want to mess everything up. talk me out of it, jo, please." brittany pleaded, speaking quicker than before, and giving her friend a desperate look.

she knew she could turn that feeling off, the prickling feeling when their skin touched, the way she felt warm and fuzzy each time she was around him. it was only this afternoon that she realized how she did feel around him constantly. she always took it as a normal thing, without wasting much thought on it.

but now it seemed like someone pressed a button, and switched all those feelings on.

"tell him! you won't mess anything up, im sure, dude." jo said, as relaxed as always. she was always like this, always confident in her decisions, always sure that everything would work out the way it is supposed to. that was one of the things britt loved about her. while she was off worrying about it all, joelle was relaxed and didn't waste one thought on worrying.

"you think so?" britt raised one of her eyebrows, playing with the spoon in her glass, as she looked at the coffee in it.

-

hours later, brittany was sitting on her couch, waiting.

she called trevor, asked him over, to watch some movies. normally it was a casual thing for the two of them, they would watch movies or shows, or play on the xbox, or just talk. but brittany was not as relaxed as she normally was on those nights when she waited for trevor.

then she heard a knock on the door.

"oh shit.." she muttered under her breath, as she stood up from where she was sitting and made her way through her loft. from the huge window that basically took up all of one of the living room walls, she could see part of downtown, and as it was dark already, loads of lights flooding the buildings and streets.

she got a hold of the door knob, and before turning it to open the door, she took one last breath. then she opened it, only to reveal trevor standing on the other side of it, with a bag in his hands.

"thought i'd get some food too, so i can at least be of some use." he said, holding the bag up, which consisted of a few food containers with chinese food in them, britt could tell due to the logo of the restaurant they always went to when they would get chinese, on the bag.

"ooooh." brittany let out a surprised, yet pleasant noise. "come in, come in." she added, stepping aside to let him enter her loft.

he kicked his shoes off immediately, making his way to the living room.

hours later, the two were sitting on the couch, both with their legs up on it, as the second movie of the night finished.

they decided to give donnie darko another try, just so they could try to figure out what that mess was actually about.

before that they watched the second jump street movie, only because trevor hasn't seen it yet and it had bugged brittany for the longest time already.

"still don't fully get it." trevor remarked, as donnie darko finished.

"yeah, neither do i." brittany replied, letting out a slight laugh, as she shook her head.

"i did read though that it has something to do with a alternate parallel universe that somehow got opened up, that created that plane part that crushed his room. and that gretchen and frank were basically just there to guide him through the period in which the alternate universe was up, so he would do the right thing in the end to let it collapse, so it wouldn't start all over again or something like that." trevor said. "i'm not sure though." he added, laughing slightly after his statement.

"trevor, i have to tell you something." britt said all of a sudden, without giving it much thought.

she felt so comfortable, so warm and fuzzy again, that she couldn't help herself.

"hm?" trevor turned more towards britt, so he could fully look at her.

brittanys eyes found his', which caused her to blush lightly.

she had to do this, she wouldn't just back out of it.

"i—" she started off, but stopped. brittany had no idea how she would start this..

just a simple i like you? or should she start with telling him why exactly she did like him, or would that be too cheesy and too much?

before she could decide, her body did the probably dumbest thing she could imagine.

she moved closer to him, placing a kiss on his lips. it wasn't particularly long, or intense, just a peck. but it sure did have its impact on her.

brittany could feel the blood rush into her cheeks, into her whole face, her heart was racing as she pulled away from him. she didn't dare to look at him, just stared in front of herself, hoping that her blushing wasn't too noticeable.

"that—that was more showing me something than telling me something." she heard his voice, light and uplifting as ever. she could tell he was smiling.

brittany looked back up at him. "i'm sorry, i just had a glitch." she remarked, jokingly, as she noticed that he took it better than she would have expected.

"it's okay.. i mean, i liked that glitch." trevor shrugged, letting out a chuckle afterwards.

neither of them spoke a word about the kiss for the rest of the night. they spoke about loads of things, about whatever came to their minds. and trevor ended up spending the night, both of them falling asleep on the couch at some point of the night.

brittany woke up the next morning, with trevor being gone.

she panicked. maybe he gave all of it another thought and decided that it would just be weird if anything were to happen.

that was before she took a look at her phone and noticed some messages of trevor.

i had to leave early, my brother called and needed me to drive him to the airport so he could catch his flight because my parents aren't home for the week.

she was relieved. then read the next one.

i enjoyed last night though. and i'm expecting you to be ready at 7.30 pm tonight. i want to take you out on a date. i mean, if that's okay with you? :)

brittany smiled. widely. her heard started to race again as she looked at her phone screen.