long distance (jiley)

//i actually planned to make a one shot about the interview, but i didn't know what to write halfway through, so heres a little au i have about jiley idk

Riley was sitting in her bed, her back propped up against the headboard of it, and her laptop in her front of it. She was watching an episode of her new guilty pleasure show, The Walking Dead. She has had a lot of time to watch all kinds of tv shows, movies, read a lot of books and also dance. But other than dancing, there wasn't anything constant in her life anymore.

She had graduated a few weeks ago, and basically had the next three months totally off, until she would start her job at the studio, along with studying dance and acting at college.

Somehow she would manage to do both at the same time. A lot of people did that, so why wouldn't Riley be able to?

The episode ended, and Riley glanced at the clock in the bottom right corner of the screen of her laptop. She would have ten more minutes until James would be online.

It's been months since James and Riley personally saw each other. They have been talking over Skype for the time being. He would be on tour for two more months.

And honestly, although it was really hard for Riley to basically share her boyfriend with a lot of other people; as the band got rather famous over the last year, and they had fans throughout the whole country, which meant she almost got no time with James all alone; she was happy for them.

It was what they always wanted. And she wouldn't want to be the one holding them back from it.

Riley quickly got up from her bed, and ran into her bathroom, quickly applying a little bit of make-up, and curling her hair a little more. She knew that James thought she was beautiful either way, but there was nothing wrong with trying a little, right?

A few minutes later, she was back in front of her laptop, waiting.

It's already been five minutes past the time they agreed to both get online, but there was no sign of James yet. Though, she thought that he maybe just needed to get ready.

She was confident that James would not let her hanging.

Ten minutes later; Riley wasn't so sure anymore. Her chest started burning, a mix of anger and sadness filled her body.

Maybe he just didn't catch the time. She wanted to text him, but then again, she didn't. Part of her wanted him to be the one who would start talking to her first. Just so she wouldn't always be the one making an effort if things didn't go the way they planned them to go.

And a few moments later, as if someone was reading her mind, her phone vibrated, and showed James' name, along with the message allert on the screen.

I can't make it tonight, baby. Really busy.

Riley read the words on her screen, her vision started to get blurry as soon as she reached the last word. She was that frustrated, that she would even be in the state to throw her phone out of the window, but then again, she was sure that she would regret that afterwards.

Riley laid back down into her bed, curling up into a ball, before she pulled her blanket over her head, her tears started to run down her cheeks, smudging the make-up she had just applied a few minutes before.

How could he do that to her? And then even ended up serving her off with a message like that. The least he could do was give her a call.

A thought started sneaking into Riley's mind. What if James forgot about her? What if he didn't think about her at all? What if he drifted away from her? What if there was someone else?

"God damn it, Riley." She muttered, as she tried her hardest to push those thoughts away from her head. "He wouldn't do that to me." She whispered again, trying to calm herself down, but her tears kept rolling down her cheeks, and her pillow would be messy once she would be done, she knew that, but she didn't mind right now.

Her heart felt like someone was ripping it into pieces, as she kept re-reading the message. But she didn't reply. She just couldn't right now. She would just reply tomorrow, and tell him she was asleep early anyway. He didn't have to know about this.

Riley woke up the next morning, with the sun shining into her eyes, and make-up all over her face.

Once she got cleaned up, and made herself look presentable, the blonde made her way downstairs.

Some weird smell was in the air.

Flowers, eggs, and something else.. something she didn't dare thinking about right now.

She slowly walked through her living room, towards the kitchen, where she saw her mother through the open doorway, talking to someone, when there wasn't even anyone with them normally.

Her father was away for the next two weeks, because of work, and Emily has spent the night at Stephanies, and normally she wouldn't be coming back until the late afternoon.

Riley furrowed her eyebrows a little, as she slowly walked through the hallway, into the door frame, before it hit her.

She froze.

Her eyes landed on a way too familiar face, as she let out a breath, stumbling towards James, who just got up from the chair he was sitting on, just in time to catch Riley from possibly falling down, pulling her into a tight hug.

"Hey." He whispered into her ear, tightening his grip around her frame a little, as Riley burried her face in his chest, a tear rolled down her cheek.

The two of them pulled a little away, just enough that they could look into each others eyes, before Riley got onto her tiptoes, placing a soft kiss onto his lips, causing James to smile.

A few hours later, after Riley's mom asked enough about the tour, and they got food, waiting for her mother to leave for work, the two of them had the house to themselves now, as they were cuddling on the couch, watching a movie.

Well, they weren't really watching it, as Riley had her back turned around to the tv's screen, so she could fully face James, and he hasn't spend one look at the tv either.

"Oh, by the way.." James started off. "I'm sorry for not being able to make it last night. I hope it's okay with you though, that you got this instead." He added, his infamous smirk plastered all across his face.

"Why didn't you just tell me? I was.. I thought.." Riley started, her mood suddenly changing from happy to feeling guilty about what she thought he was doing last night.

"You thought, what?" He asked, concern in his voice now.

"I thought you had something better to do than to spend time with me." She shrugged, breaking their eye contact, as she was feeling bad about doubting him. He had proven enough times that he loved her.

He sighed a little, taking a slight breath in. Riley could tell that he was kind of led down by this.

"But it was stupid of me to think that, I should've known better, I'm sorry." She whispered, her hand moved up to his cheek, as she was trying to lighten the mood again.

"You have nothing to be sorry for, baby." He whispered, leaning a little closer to Riley. A smirk appeared on his face. "But if you want to make it up to me, I would not turn you down." He added, the smirk growing bigger.

"Fuck you." Riley let out a slight chuckle, furrowing her eyebrows lightly at him.

James leaned closer to her, burrying his face in her neck, as he placed light kisses onto it, whispering in between "Please do."

//ops im gonna stop here bc i cant write smut but yeah im pretty sure everyone knows where this is going